HHN Solo? | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Solo?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ultimate17

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2010
Lake Mary, FL
Just wanted to see if anyone has done HHN solo? I will be getting a FFP, but my wife HATES HHN. So I usually go a few times here and there with local friends or sometimes I convince out of town friends to go for a night. But I love HHN! I want go WAY more times than my friends could tolerate. I was seriously considering going solo for opening night. Is that a bad idea? I do the parks solo, but I don't wait in any long lines. I use single rider and mostly just walk around. At HHN there are some things to see outside of the houses, but waiting in lines is a huge part of the event. My fear is that it would get awkward waiting in line all night by myself. Thanks for any insight and if anyone else is in the same boat as me with scared friends/family and looking to go this weekend, PM me. Maybe we can meet up??

I go more times than any friend/family member would want to go, so yes I go alone sometimes. I have no problem with it. Depends on your personality really. If you go the first couple of weeks the waits won't be that long anyway.

My boyfriend absolutely hates going to HHN and I always buy a FFP, so I do end up going alone 3-4 nights of the event when i can't drag a friend or two along.

On nights that I feel like going through houses and waiting in lines, my Iphone is my best friend. I make sure it is at full charge before I leave and just browse the web, play games, or listen to podcasts while in line. Sometimes though, I will just strike up a conversation with the people around me which normally makes the lines go by quite a bit faster.

Sometimes when I go alone I don't even feel like doing houses. I will watch all the shows and walk through scarezones multiple time, or sometimes I'll just find a seat and soak in the atmosphere and watch people get scared. I also tend to ride more rides when I'm alone.

I go to HHN every chance I get. That is whether my friends are there or not. The best way to get some great scares is to be by yourself. One of my favorite HHN memories is going through The Thing: Assimilation completely by myself 4 times in a row. I would have never been able to experience that same level of thrill or immersion if I had friends with me. Much like going to the parks by yourself, sometimes it is enjoyable to go to HHN by yourself and just do you.

This year will be my 6th consecutive year flying in from overseas for HHN.

4 of the 6 have been by myself.... Wife and friends hate scary stuff.
I enjoy myself. After a few drinks, I start chatting with every1

:rofl:

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbs:

I mostly do it by myself. Sometimes I get together with friends, but people tend to go the last 2 weeks of the event, so Before that I usually just go. Also when I do them alone I get to do more because I tend to walk fast.
Doing the event with friends is awesome. But I got used to being by myself. The lines can get boring, that part is true.
As for being Awkward, I don't know, I've never felt it. Maybe it looks weird but there is nothing I can do about it and I am going to the event to enjoy myself. so I don't really care.

For the past year or so, I've always done Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood solo. I'll admit that it can get a bit awkward at times, but once you focus on something (whether that be trying out all the mazes or taking photos) that awkwardness quickly fades away.

If anything, nothing is creepier than walking into a maze solo and having no one in front or in back of you.