Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

Line up for Ghostbusters by 4:30 PM and do GB > US > Yeti > KK > Graveyard > UM > Nightingales > Depths > HOTC. Circle back to anything with a shorter wait and hit ST in the last 30 min of park closing.

Another word of advice: if you're lining up for GB or ST S&S, bring an umbrella for shade. We saw someone pass out Thursday night in the ST line because it was so hot.

That's great, thanks very much. It does get pretty hot waiting out there for so long. You would have thought they would have put some sort of shade up.

That's great, thanks very much. It does get pretty hot waiting out there for so long. You would have thought they would have put some sort of shade up.

Yeah unfortunately they didn’t. Lucky I had my umbrella with me.

Thought of something else: the lagoon show is worth seeing. We arrived 10 min before showtime each night and lined up across from the Starbucks sign across the lagoon. Perfect viewing spot.

Does the lagoon show draw big crowds? Is it hard to get a good spot?

Surprisingly not. It was easy all three nights to get a good spot. Again, lining up directly across from the Starbucks sign provides a perfect view at any of the concrete tiers.

Line up for Ghostbusters by 4:30 PM and do GB > US > Yeti > KK > Graveyard > UM > Nightingales > Depths > HOTC. Circle back to anything with a shorter wait and hit ST in the last 30 min of park closing.

Another word of advice: if you're lining up for GB or ST S&S, bring an umbrella for shade. We saw someone pass out Thursday night in the ST line because it was so hot.
Seconding the umbrella. We had it for rain but it came in handy to keep the sun at bay a little. I felt like I was going to pass out until I sat under it for a little. That area is in direct impact from the sun--ruthless.

They REALLY need to redo some lines. The walking to some houses is insane.

Especially Graveyard and Monsters. They really should just have one line for both. It sucked exiting one, walking right by the other entrance, yet know you had like a half mile of walking in a circle to get back. At least for Express folks. Some of the Soundstage houses were the same.

On a Saturday, they need all that queue, on a light day, especially for Express folks, cutting a few miles of walking would be a HUGE selling point.

Yeah unfortunately they didn’t. Lucky I had my umbrella with me.

Thought of something else: the lagoon show is worth seeing. We arrived 10 min before showtime each night and lined up across from the Starbucks sign across the lagoon. Perfect viewing spot.
Thanks, I'll remember that. What time does it start?

Especially Graveyard and Monsters. They really should just have one line for both.

You know, Knott's used to do that for some of their backstage houses...it was a rather joyous moment when they stopped doing that. The concept is more of an annoyance than a aid, and if one of the houses isn't good, then that concept turns into a even bigger annoyance as you're forced to go through a house you might not want to go through.

So, a few questions on resort guest entry.

First I saw HHN post you can also enter at the BMG entrance, saying it was for CBBR, although it seems it’s all Uni resorts. Is that new? Is that shorter than the entry to the right of the normal one (assuming that is still an option).

Secondly, has anyone actually seen that gate (to the right) open early, as it is advertised? I’ve used it the last 2 years, and both times it opened LATER by a few minutes, and seemed to have trainees with no clue how to get a line moving fast. It easily cost us 10-15 minutes each time, which is obviously a big deal.

Saw no one answered this - the resort guest entry did indeed move to the BMG entrance on the left and is for all onsite resorts - we didn't see any signage stating that it was only for the big 3 resorts. I didn't see any signs out front or anything directing peeps to the far right of the main entrance (where the resort guest entry was in previous years).

Saw no one answered this - the resort guest entry did indeed move to the BMG entrance on the left and is for all onsite resorts - we didn't see any signage stating that it was only for the big 3 resorts. I didn't see any signs out front or anything directing peeps to the far right of the main entrance (where the resort guest entry was in previous years).

Yeah, I never posted a follow up. I sent my wife to the old one, so we could compare lines. She was sent to BMG.

The BIGGEST change is that they prescanned your tickets to a holding pen, and then let everyone in all at once. About 615 the night we were there. We got in MUCH faster than in years past.

No, if only they would redesign the queues. MY GOD, the ones for Monsters and Graveyard were ridiculous. I understand the Soundstages, as they are where they are, but they could have 4 houses fed from the area between MIB and Simpsons and save everyone a mile or more in walking.

Yeah, I never posted a follow up. I sent my wife to the old one, so we could compare lines. She was sent to BMG.

The BIGGEST change is that they prescanned your tickets to a holding pen, and then let everyone in all at once. About 615 the night we were there. We got in MUCH faster than in years past.

No, if only they would redesign the queues. MY GOD, the ones for Monsters and Graveyard were ridiculous. I understand the Soundstages, as they are where they are, but they could have 4 houses fed from the area between MIB and Simpsons and save everyone a mile or more in walking.
But how am I supposed to work off those pizza fries without the 9.4 miles of walking I did last night ?

How many houses did you do? I kept forgetting to turn on my step counter app, and was really interested in HHN steps.
Monsters -> Depths -> Corpses -> Yeti -> Ghostbusters -> Us -> Yeti -> Yeti -> Yeti -> Monsters -> Monsters -> Monsters -> Monsters -> Monsters -> Monsters (only one of those actually walking the whole queue though) -> Corpses -> Corpses. And that’s just houses.

Not accounted for are times standing around in Zombieland, running from one side of the lagoon to the other for MoM, running from Rob Zombie to Central Park for MoM again, all of the times I walked around RZ in general to see my friends, and the time I was gonna do Yeti but realized I wouldn’t make it for the set I was going for so I left and went back to RZ instead. It was a hectic night, but a blessing.

If you have an iPhone, the Health app automatically logs them! My total steps came out to 25,257.

You know, Knott's used to do that for some of their backstage houses...it was a rather joyous moment when they stopped doing that. The concept is more of an annoyance than a aid, and if one of the houses isn't good, then that concept turns into a even bigger annoyance as you're forced to go through a house you might not want to go through.

Then make it a short cut for Express only. Would increase the value of that pass. Express doesn't need a full two-hour switchback.