Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN: What does it for you - Poll

What's most important to you in a HHN house?

• Quietly creepy, great story, no scares

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Lots of scares, jumping out

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • High tech effects and sounds

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Sets and props

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters
I need a good scare for me to fall in love with a house, after that I go for the environment. Last year's Winter Night blew me away with scares and set design!

This is a great question. I missed out on HHN last year, but have been to HHN 10 different years. Without question the set/props is what does it for me. Once you have an immersive set and story, everything else falls into place. I love houses with an impressive, well-themed entrance. Walking through a well-themed entrance sets the tone for the entire house IMO. A set that immerses you helps set up the scares. If your eyes and mind are so wrapped up in the environmental elements, the scares come off as more surprising, more scary.

I have to say it's a tie between the sets and the quietly creepy one. I think that after too many jump scares it becomes less scary, while if it is quietly creepy, the atmosphere itself becomes much more terrifying. The sets are a large component of making it believable, so it's too hard to decide...

Im all about the sets, props and ambiance. I love seeing the park all decked out in scare, I love the sounds of the chainsaw and the smell of the fog. Im kind of past the point of these house scaring me so I dont really go for the scares. Ill get startled here and there but it takes a lot to get me. I do go to see others get scared out of their pants in the houses and scarezones/streets,I get such a kick out of that :rofl:

Honestly what would kreep me out big time would be if i was in the park at night all by myself at night in the dark.

Im all about the sets, props and ambiance. I love seeing the park all decked out in scare, I love the sounds of the chainsaw and the smell of the fog. Im kind of past the point of these house scaring me so I dont really go for the scares. Ill get startled here and there but it takes a lot to get me. I do go to see others get scared out of their pants in the houses and scarezones/streets,I get such a kick out of that :rofl:

I really hate them, and the smell of the foul things as well,
But I agree with everything else.

I dont like HHN. I'd rather have a year long house or something like that which can be added to during the Halloween season.

HHN attracts a certain unsavoury kind of crowd to the parks...

I have three words for you Brian.

Frankenstein and Stilts... :look: