Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Holidays at Disney World 2020

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
So a lot of entertainment rolled out today. We have The Muppets back doing little skits. Christmas cavalcades, and the Dapper Dans.

In all honesty: day guests are getting more Christmas then they normally do this time of year.

So I’ve heard rumor that on the 16th from 10pm-12am, Disney plans on testing out fireworks. Of course this could just be to keep their canons from getting too rusty.

I certainly wouldn’t get excited.

So I’ve heard rumor that on the 16th from 10pm-12am, Disney plans on testing out fireworks. Of course this could just be to keep their canons from getting too rusty.

I certainly wouldn’t get excited.
With all the play this has generated I wonder if they get a traffic jam?

With all the play this has generated I wonder if they get a traffic jam?
To actually answer your question this time though (since I realized I didn't yesterday), yes, I think it will be a mess if they try to do fireworks anywhere but Epcot. But they shouldn't even try Epcot right now with how bad COVID is spreading around the country right now. It would just be a terrible idea imo.

What I think they may be planning for is NYE fireworks, which, as a one night only event, I can give them a pass on.

Interesting the testing is supposed to affect World Drive and Floridian Way, so they must be testing perimeter fireworks in some form.

Currently the December 31st hours are only until 7:00 PM, but that could change.

Interesting the testing is supposed to affect World Drive and Floridian Way, so they must be testing perimeter fireworks in some form.

Currently the December 31st hours are only until 7:00 PM, but that could change.
I saw a Marni post about the fire control system and north launch being reworked. Sounds plausible to me that they would take this time to make changes that require more downtime to implement.

About the fireworks, I wouldn't get excited. It's being said on Magic that they were taking advantage of the rare downtime to upgrade the launchpad at MK and they simply wanted to test the new equipment out. So far, I haven't seen any fireworks.

Update:
Fireworks currently testing in short spirts:

In the past I used going to Disneyland at least two times a year, and enjoyed very much those trips there. But after several years, I started to feel bored of going there. I wanted something new, and I started to search for interesting places around the world. And I found my new passion: the mountains. I found beautiful hotels on this site Bluehouse Skis - The Best Tips & Guides on Snowboard, Ski & Snow, and since then I go to mountains every year. So sometimes is a great idea to change the perspective, and try different thing. You never know, when you will find a new passion for something else.

Last edited: