Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

Can't say I am a fan of this idea completely. A new coaster sounds great, but the theming and name of the attraction is atrocious.

I'll elaborate in an upcoming Sledge's Edge.

Alright on the note of the name it's HTR(Hollywood Tripple R) we can all agree on that.

To me it looks like it might start out in Hollywood, which the name matches, and the original rumors match.

My personal opinion. I like the idea, sure the themeing is bland but I don't care and I like the thought of a coaster count of 39.

Oh and HHN they are building a new building by Curious George. Think of Carnage Ware House but can hold two houses. IOAC has pics if you want to see. Nick could you link them?

an internet theme???????????????????????????????????????????????
O.O
The coaster sounds great but really? Are businesses now at a stage were they think the public is obsessed youtube and the net that we need a ride themed to it? YOUTUBE: THE RIDE

Love the coaster part... the theming, not so much. All the interactivity will either be great or hurt my eyes. The name is horrible. It sounds like something that Six Flags would make up.

Wow I completely missed any speculation of this attraction and heard about it for the first time in the OS this morning. Not excited about this one bit. Hulk doesn't have the best theming in the world, but it is there and there is a decent story. You just aren't forced to know it. But I seek out these story elements. I love the Dr. Doom preshow and I stay behind and watch the Dueling Dragons stained glass preshow that 99.999% of people just walk past. Universal can do theming and they can do story, but it seems they are choosing not to bother with it on this one.

Very intersting article from the ORLANDO SENTINEL, the ride reminds me of Rock N' Rollercoaster in some ways. Not sure I understand why they're putting this in Universal Studios...like you guys said the themeing seems way off and kinda cheesy to me, I would think they could do way better. But interesting nonetheless! Spring 2009? We should see some things starting to come together especially with all the permit fillings. Also the layout seem very interesting to me...

And unlike any of the other big roller coasters in Central Florida, Rockit will loom over its park's entrance and beyond. Universal plans to squeeze its track between the Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast ride and the Sharp Aquos Theatre, which houses the Blue Man Group show. From there the track would run along the boundary between Universal Studios and Universal's sound stages, then rise over the fence to twist over the sidewalks of CityWalk, outside the theme park -- a brightly lit, scream-filled advertisement for the park.

The coaster sounds like a cool idea, being so spread out and all. Nothing I'd enjoy for myself, but I think a lot of people would really enjoy it.

I like the music video thing, but come on! It looks nice and spread out and art looks great. But the theming is like something you find at a six flags or cedar fair. Unless this is like a MTV thing, which is owned by paramount so no go, the theming would make sense. What the heck does this have to do with riding the movies? RIDING THE INTERNET?!?!? I like the coaster how ever but get better theming.

Rockit' Mountain sound familiar? :rolleyes:

The concept art looks incredible. :happy:

The point is this is gonna bring in a ton of guests. Now instead of people seeing the Hulk when there walking through City Walk, they will see this as well and this could quite possibly help to evenly disperse crowds to Universal and not just IOA once WWOHP opens.

As far as HHN is concerned, now I don't have to ***** about not being able to ride any deccent rides while the event is at the Studios. Dumb people will wait in line for this attraction that will probably reach well over a 3 hour wait and that less people in line for the houses.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the name, or the downloading music/video gimmick(any info if you'll have to pay for the music or the video??), but I am a fan of coasters even though I'm a coaster wuss and prob won't ride this one.

To me they're works of art and I enjoy seeing and hearing the people who aren't coaster wusses have a good time. I also like that it's gonna go out into CW, I just hope they fill track with sand, rubber, or whatever they did for Kraken, and the quiet wheels which keeps the ride's noise pretty low. I agree with others that it would have been nice for it to have been themed and/or partially indoors. I love that they're spending money on the parks again.

Now if someone could convince Universal to spend some of that money and get a new nightime spectacular at either park, I'd be a even more happy camper.

I think that with Universal slowly changing there image that a new show besides 360 is imminent. 360 could be badass if they did it right, and it isn't that awful. Oh and earlier I had said I thought it would be in Hollywood which I am now hearing it isn't, but most likely in PC in Nuetron's place. Supposedly Nuetron will be the last ride to go before they start only adding and re-theming.

Last edited:
Here is the official logo:

logo.jpg

That logo looks pretty sick. Why does the ride and logo look awesome when the theme is lack luster? Oh well, at least it is a pretty good addition to the park. I love how Universal is stepping up their game. Disney better watch out.

I don't think this attraction is even a blimp on Disney's radar. Potter is, but I honestly don't think this coaster is.

Here is the blimp on Disney's radar, Universal adding 3 attractions in 3 years. A new coaster, the simpsons, and the harry potter land, what has Disney announced, Toy Story Mania and American Idol, thats it. Harry Potter is the major weapon but Universal is adding 3 killer attractions.

1+1+1 =3 big blip.

Still, Disney is probably always going to be number 1. Harry Potter is the main thing to worry about.

" It changes it up, its not based on a movie or anything.". ...isn't that the theme of the park?

Last edited:
Here is the blimp on Disney's radar, Universal adding 3 attractions in 3 years. A new coaster, the simpsons, and the harry potter land, what has Disney announced, Toy Story Mania and American Idol, thats it. Harry Potter is the major weapon but Universal is adding 3 killer attractions.

Potter is not only the major weapon, it's really the only weapon. The Simpsons will have nice crowds for a year or two, but will more that likely fall off fairly fast. Very similar to what the film did. Once the hardcore audience saw it, the box office numbers dropped like a rocket. This is a older franchise that still has a loyal fanbase, but it isn't a marquee name anymore.

Still, Disney is probably always going to be number 1. Harry Potter is the main thing to worry about.

There's no "probably" about it. Universal needs to just get some visitors back. There is not competition for attendance against Disney. They just can't do it and there's nothing wrong with that. What they can do is get more turnstile turns though and I think they will. Let's put it this way Disney isn't worried about anything Universal is doing. But I'm sure they are worried about the possibility of more families taking that one to two day trip off property. And Potter can do that.....if Universal hits a home run.

" It changes it up, its not based on a movie or anything.". ...isn't that the theme of the park?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the general public will get more excited about this than I am. Don't get me wrong, when I do go back to Universal in a few years I'm sure I'll ride it. But when I'm in a theme park, I look forward to the theming and the story as much as the attraction. Case in point, I thought ROTM was a decent ride, but the queue and preshow videos were fantastic.