Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's the stage...not the station. It looks awesome!! I wonder how they're going to keep that grass looking healthy with all the mardi gras trampling in its near future?

Wow, it looks great! Very nice way to spruce up Production Central from the giant empty concrete plains.

^it's astroturf. It will stay looking perfect, hopefully.

Scream Scape:

A strange story has been going around for the last few months claiming that Universal will build in some kind off access to the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit coaster from Citywalk, for use only in the evenings when the park is closed for the day. While this certainly is a possibility, I do have to question the logic as most people may have forgotten that Universal has an agreement with the local neighbors not to run the outdoor coasters after 10pm. This agreement was confirmed with Universal back when Halloween Horror Nights first moved over to Islands of Adventure for a few years only to shock the guests by closing down Dueling Dragons and Hulk at 10pm each night. So while there may be an opportunity to sell rides to Citywalk guests after dark… it will be a narrow window of opportunity.

I don't believe there IS going to be an entrance to HRRR from CW. And I think that is what Lance over at Screamscape was getting at when he pointed out that the park stays open til 10. and they have to close the coasters at 10.

I thnk they need to drop the Production Central theme to that section of the park. Put a new Kung Fu Panda dark ride in Jimmy Neutron and a Monsters VS Aliens attraction in the Murder She Wrote building and then change the name of the area to Dreamworks Sudios Plaza. Also change the Monsters Cafe to a nicer table service restaurant called the Dreamworks Commisary that serves alcohol. This could be a nice place to eat befor a show at the Bowl.
Mainly to compete with PIXAR Place down at DHS.

Oh, I also think the Twister Theater should be transformed into a Broadway show quality theater that runs stuff like Universal Studios Osaka's "Wicked"-lite.

Maybe a dinner deal like the Brown Derby does, with priorty seating at the broadway theater or Hollywood Bowl shows. You know Dinner and a show kind of thing.

They could also test run and tweak the Dreamworks Broadway productions there before they hit the real "Broadway". That would be PERFECT for Dreamworks Studios Plaza.

http://www.shrekthemusical.com/

I would LOVE to see a well done Broadwy show (not musical, no singing) of Kung Fu Panda.

Last edited:
I was just absolutely amazed at how incredibly HUGE this coaster looks. It skies over the park and you can see it from pretty much anywhere in the Studios.

Nice. Looks very fun. I think the integration of the track into the park between and through the buildings will undoubtedly add more excitement to the ride and give it the illusion of even greater speed.