Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As Far as I Can See They Track Acts Like Tubes There Are white lines on the track i believe that to be the where the lights are :thumbs:

As Far as I Can See They Track Acts Like Tubes There Are white lines on the track i believe that to be the where the lights are :thumbs:

A lot of newer coasters have the white lines on them. Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, etc. all have them. It's not necessarily where lights could be, and I don't think that's where they will be if there is any. Think about it. The white lines mark where the wheels on the coaster make contact with the track. Do you really think that there's gonna be lights there?

A lot of newer coasters have the white lines on them. Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, etc. all have them. It's not necessarily where lights could be, and I don't think that's where they will be if there is any. Think about it. The white lines mark where the wheels on the coaster make contact with the track. Do you really think that there's gonna be lights there?

Well since the interview states it will have an illuminated track, and the concept art shows an an illuminated track, deductive reasoning points to the white lines being used for the illuminated track...

Since the tracks are tubular steel, there is no way that they can be internally illuminated. But I do believe that the white lines are a part of the effect. My guess is they will be shining a black light onto the track causing it to glow a bluish purple.

Well since the interview states it will have an illuminated track, and the concept art shows an an illuminated track, deductive reasoning points to the white lines being used for the illuminated track...

Alright lets get serious here. Do you really think that the spot on the track where the wheels of a coaster will be in contact with it about once every minute is going to have lights on it? Sure deductive reasoning may point to that as the spot, but logic says otherwise. If somehow that is the spot where the track will be illuminated, I agree with dyates.

Since the tracks are tubular steel, there is no way that they can be internally illuminated. But I do believe that the white lines are a part of the effect. My guess is they will be shining a black light onto the track causing it to glow a bluish purple.

Alright lets get serious here. Do you really think that the spot on the track where the wheels of a coaster will be in contact with it about once every minute is going to have lights on it? Sure deductive reasoning may point to that as the spot, but logic says otherwise. If somehow that is the spot where the track will be illuminated, I agree with dyates.

He didn't say it would have lights on it. Anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that the wheels go over it. He said that is where the track will be "illuminated". And I think dyates is probably onto something with the black lights. Makes the most sense.

They Did Say Small LED'S On The Ride But They Didn't Mention Where So ...........

Well I can pretty much guarantee there will not be LED lights on the track where the wheels roll over it. :lol:

Maybe its on the cars or something. :shrug:

King K over at IOAC grabbed a shot of HRRR at night testing the "night effects"

hrrr_782.jpg

So many people have commented that it is so quiet. They designed it that way. They actually filled the track and support beams with pea gravel and sand to muffle the noise.

So many people have commented that it is so quiet. They designed it that way. They actually filled the track and support beams with pea gravel and sand to muffle the noise.

I think it's slightly amusing that so many people seem to be so impressed with that. It's very common now a days for coasters to be filled with various types of sand / gravel / etc to block the vibration and thus muffle the sound. It would be slightly less comical if Dueling Dragons wasn't right there, but I mean it's not even a surprise at Universal Orlando. It's been happening there for ten years, granted Rockit SHOULD be quiter than Dragons because it has considerabely fewer wheels per train due to the shorter lengthy of the cars.

But yeah, the point is there's lots of coasters that you'll find the parks have chosen to fill the tracks and supports to keep them quiet. Definitely common in the industry. All depends on who your neighbors are, which is why you won't so much see it at a park like Cedar Point.

I really hope to see this beast running in person. The track by itself is something to be astonished by, so seeing it in action is probably amazing. And is it just me or does this coaster seem more like The Mummy than The Hulk?

I really hope to see this beast running in person. The track by itself is something to be astonished by, so seeing it in action is probably amazing. And is it just me or does this coaster seem more like The Mummy than The Hulk?

I disagree. I'd say it seems like neither. I'm more excited about Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit than any other new coaster opening this year around the country. Rockit is such a fresh, unique layout. B&Ms, Intamins, etc, are all typically all great coasters, but after a while every B&M starts to feel the same. You really can know *exactly* how the ride is going to be before even traveling to the park and experiencing it. Rockit doesn't fit that mold at all, and I think that's awesome.

Maurer Shone isn't a very well known designer in the US, but they're fairly established over in Europe. They really DO have some great stuff, but to date it has all been fairly small, compact and short. Rockit is in a sense their first crack at the big leagues, and it has nothing to do with being at Universal, or being in the US versus Europe - it's simply the first really full scale coaster they have done. I left Europe *extremely* high on Maurer, and said then five years ago that the day Maurer gets a chance to do a big ticket ride, they're going to become a major player.

I was THRILLED when B&M turned down the Rockit contract - not because I wouldn't want a B&M - that would be great - but because we get something completely unique and destination worthy.

Rockit is going to be a make or break thing for Maurer. I really hope this is the start of seeing a lot more of them in the US. It will be nice to nave a new flavor of ride out there for a change.

I disagree. I'd say it seems like neither. I'm more excited about Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit than any other new coaster opening this year around the country. Rockit is such a fresh, unique layout. B&Ms, Intamins, etc, are all typically all great coasters, but after a while every B&M starts to feel the same. You really can know *exactly* how the ride is going to be before even traveling to the park and experiencing it. Rockit doesn't fit that mold at all, and I think that's awesome.

Maurer Shone isn't a very well known designer in the US, but they're fairly established over in Europe. They really DO have some great stuff, but to date it has all been fairly small, compact and short. Rockit is in a sense their first crack at the big leagues, and it has nothing to do with being at Universal, or being in the US versus Europe - it's simply the first really full scale coaster they have done. I left Europe *extremely* high on Maurer, and said then five years ago that the day Maurer gets a chance to do a big ticket ride, they're going to become a major player.

I was THRILLED when B&M turned down the Rockit contract - not because I wouldn't want a B&M - that would be great - but because we get something completely unique and destination worthy.

Rockit is going to be a make or break thing for Maurer. I really hope this is the start of seeing a lot more of them in the US. It will be nice to nave a new flavor of ride out there for a change.

I totally agree...I'm sad that Maurer hasn't been too heavily introduced here in the US with any really big ticket coasters...however hopefully with this and the rumored Pixar coaster at Hollywood Studios they'll catch on more...I am so glad B&M didn't build this coaster (they don't make rides for big people and that pisses me off to no end! hehe)...I mean look at that non-inverting loop...that thing is going to be nuts :)

I totally agree...I'm sad that Maurer hasn't been too heavily introduced here in the US with any really big ticket coasters...however hopefully with this and the rumored Pixar coaster at Hollywood Studios they'll catch on more...I am so glad B&M didn't build this coaster (they don't make rides for big people and that pisses me off to no end! hehe)...I mean look at that non-inverting loop...that thing is going to be nuts :)

Everything I've heard has pointed elsewhere for the Monsters, Inc. Coaster - not Maurer. That certainly may have changed during the design phase, but so far Maurer doesn't even offer inverted coasters. Doesn't mean that they can't develop one, but certainly makes them a less likely choice.

Everything I've heard has pointed elsewhere for the Monsters, Inc. Coaster - not Maurer. That certainly may have changed during the design phase, but so far Maurer doesn't even offer inverted coasters. Doesn't mean that they can't develop one, but certainly makes them a less likely choice.

Yes they do. At that a good amount of there coasters are inverted. They're known for their coasters with inverted lifts. Like on there Sky Loop.

XT150_small.jpg

Look at the Vertical X-Car

X-Car_vertical_small.jpg

Yes they do. At that a good amount of there coasters are inverted. They're known for their coasters with inverted lifts. Like on there Sky Loop.

Look at the Vertical X-Car

I mean no disrespect, but do you know what an inverted coaster is?

p1378.jpg

Pictured above is what the original plan the for ride system was in the Monsters, Inc. coaster. That may have at some point changed, but it's not even remotely similar to what you are thinking in your post.

There's a *very* big difference between "interted" and "inversion."