Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMG_2006.jpg

I love when photos make this effect..

Is this still scheduled to open July 3rd or are they pushing it back even more? Why is it that only the good rides get delayed?

So, take this for what it's worth, but my friend signed up for an AP preview of Rockit a week from Monday, from 8am-9am. To me, that would indicate the ride will be open to day guests when the park officially opens at 9am.

What I *don't* know is if this e-sign up that was sent to him is an automated thing that was already programmed into the calendar, of if it's current.

More as I find out.

So, take this for what it's worth, but my friend signed up for an AP preview of Rockit a week from Monday, from 8am-9am. To me, that would indicate the ride will be open to day guests when the park officially opens at 9am.

What I *don't* know is if this e-sign up that was sent to him is an automated thing that was already programmed into the calendar, of if it's current.

More as I find out.

AP as in Annual Pass? I haven't heard anything about AP Previews. I just checked my email and once more nothing is there. :shrug: Odd....:confused:

I haven't received anything and I just looked up anything I could find about previews and could not find a thing.

Dunno - the people that told me are good friends of mine, reliable and very into coasters and parks. Definitely not people to make it up. :shrug:

I haven't followed up on it because I know I'll already be gone on the second half of near three weeks of travel by next monday. I'll ask around though.

Just got word - Rockit valleyed while testing today. Wonder what this means for that possibility of soft openings?

Edit: Confirmation. The train valleyed just after the loop, before reaching the first block break.

Last edited:
Is this ride ever going to open? What is this the fourth problem they have had with the thing? There is no way that we will see humans on this ride on the fourth of July

Honestly, valleying is not a drastic - at least as long as it's something as simple as wind hitting the train just right. If it's a problem with the trains, that's a more severe issue.

I don't know. All I know at the moment is it definitely valleyed.

Honestly, valleying is not a drastic - at least as long as it's something as simple as wind hitting the train just right. If it's a problem with the trains, that's a more severe issue.

I don't know. All I know at the moment is it definitely valleyed.

yeah I mean it has made it through all the other test runs with no problems like that before, so I'm kinda inclined to think that this was kinda a fluke coincidence...if I recall correctly it was quite windy yesterday...I'm thinking there really won't be an issue once they run with dummies and eventually, people....hopefully :cross:

yeah I mean it has made it through all the other test runs with no problems like that before, so I'm kinda inclined to think that this was kinda a fluke coincidence...if I recall correctly it was quite windy yesterday...I'm thinking there really won't be an issue once they run with dummies and eventually, people....hopefully :cross:

Right - assuming this was just the right gust hit from the right direction at the right second, it's nothing to be concerned with. *If* that's what it is. Typically, that does turn out to be the case in these types of situations, but I really have no more info than what I've posted, and didn't even witness it myself.