Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No offense but at this point not that many people visit HMUS anymore. At least not as many as there used to be.

I go every time. I think it's hilarious everytime. I love watching unknowing tourists get the crap scared out of em. But then...You have your Spanish speakers that don't know a word of English. They kinda ruin the show sometimes.:doh:

No offense but at this point not that many people visit HMUS anymore. At least not as many as there used to be.

I actually really enjoy the show. Its one of the few things left in the park that feel kind of old school and brings me back to the better days of USF. I used to be so scared of seeing that when I was little though! :lol:

A Screamscape reader (Thanks to Alexander Gardieff) who attended Grad Bash at Universal noticed that new unreleased artwork promoting Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit was on display in the Chaperone lounge area, likely to promote the schools to attend again next year.

In addition to a descriptive flyer they also had a great aerial shot of the coaster showing off virtually the entire run which is true to the original rumors which claimed it would run off into the area behind Twister.

The descriptive text mentions three new maneuvers and their official names: Doubletake (The non-inverting loop), Treble Clef (an ascending high G helix into a Hi Hat stall and vertical dive), and the Jump Cut (spiraling negative-G camelback). Other named elements includes the Crowd Surfer (overbanked curve crowd fly-by), Drop Tuning (sideways drop into chasm), Plot Twist (sideways loop) and Chorus (high speed ground maneuvers).

What’s interting is just how tightly they are going to squeeze in the ride’s station and queue building into the narrow space between the Blue Man Group theater and Jimmy Neutron. You can also see the current boneyard has been transformed into a new concert area with a covered stage.

The giant vertical lift hill will be going up directly behind this stage with the Doubletake element going up right over where people typical queue to get into the soundstage haunts for Horror Nights. From here it’s up into what looks like a mid-course brake before you drop into the Treble Clef that you exit out of and right into a second mid-course brake area before you dive into the Jump Cut and Crowd Surf areas. From here it looks like you’ll hit a short tunnel, the Drop Tuning element into a chasm, the spiraling looking bit known as the Plot Twist before you head back to the station through what I’m guessing is the unlabeled Chorus area.

I’ve got to say that I’m much more impressed by this ride design now than I was before and this is already looking to be Maurer Sohne’s most impressive looking coaster design ever.

pictures can be found over at
http://www.screamscape.com/html/uo_-_project_rumble_0.htm

one thing i noticed was it does not look as long as we suspected. it pretty much runs down to the blue man grassy area...then does a turn around not really going into city walk. the other cool idea is the stage area. i heard that rumor from someone else and it turned out to be 100% correct!

Last edited:
Reactions: allienoves
I knew it. When they said CityWalk I figured they were trying to be a little misleading and it really only meant in the BMG area.