Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Star Wars stage shows come back June 16th, so the stage being gone is only temporary. Sorry.

At least the hat is still gone for good.

The stage we know is gone.

The show is being restaged with mobile platforms that will be out in the morning and then packed up and put backstage after the last daily show.

This will allow more room for projection and fireworks viewing.
Maybe that's why they haven't been pushing the new Movie Magic projection show yet? So odd there's not been a bigger announcement for that. Just a brief mention on the bottom of a parks blog post with 5 other things above it.

Maybe that's why they haven't been pushing the new Movie Magic projection show yet? So odd there's not been a bigger announcement for that. Just a brief mention on the bottom of a parks blog post with 5 other things above it.
Yeah, it's not even on the times guide. The only public acknowledgment of it is the 5 and 10 minute warning announcements.

Wow. Haven't seen a comparison pic, but that really puts in perspective how gutted this park is at this point. Sure it'll be better in a couple years, but it's just in bad shape right now.
It was in really bad shape the way it was though. We lost all of 1 ride and 1 show and a few Meet & Greets that have mostly been relocated for this (and a yearly Christmas display). It looks like so much more than it was but in reality most of that land was wasted space.

Do I think Disney should be charging full price for the current park? Hell no. However things have to get worse before they get better.

I agree with both of you. I guess it just moreso puts into perspective how much land that was wasted in a park that already had fairly little to do. Glad they're going to finally do something with it all.

I think once Toy Story and Star Wars open their respective lands they should demo Animation Courtyard. There would be no need for Star Wars Launch Bar and I don't really think people would miss The Little Mermaid or The Disney Junior shows, especially since they opened the Little Mermaid ride in the Magic Kingdom. How many acres is that area and what could be some possible expansions?