Horror Make-Up "Victim" Plants? | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Make-Up "Victim" Plants?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
this si something i've always wondered, the "victim" are they plants in the audience. i would normally go to orlando every couple of years and on each visit it has always been a girl of from another country who never speaks a lick of english

but on another topic do you think the show has become stale and needs updating. i still personally love the show and i think it all comes down to the cast at the time, but i do feel the lobby could do with some new additions

It's always been a different person each time I saw it :shrug:

As far as updates, I think the show is fine as is. They do add a new joke or two with what's current in pop culture at the time. :thumbs:

My mom got picked once. But you can see why they'd normally go for someone who looks to be a foreigner. It's typically funnier. It always is a woman though.

The show is fine, and still hilarious to me.

Ahh, we always avoided it because of the name. I love Halloween but I never wanted Halloween in April or July which is what I always thought the "Horror" part to be extremely true

A couple "jump scares" and some live scenes of gore (almost immediately revealed to be fake), so it's not something I'd take a real little kid to, but RJ's right, it's all played for laughs.

Nope, no plants. I've had my friend's mom picked before. Because I knew the actor doing the show, my entire family/friends thought that it was my doing even though it wasn't. :p

I used to see the show all the time, but with some cast changes that occurred, I haven't seen it in awhile. It was definitely one of my favorite shows though.

I was selected for the USH version back in 2007. It was a fairly quiet Saturday in late October 2007 and I'd purchased a Front of the Line Pass. I walked up to my designated area (USH's Express Line entrance) and the cast member asked me if I wanted to volunteer to be in the show. I said "Heck yeah!" and the next thing I knew I was whisked backstage. The Host of the show kept giving me instructions on what to do, but he gave them to me so fast that I couldn't understand what he said and he was gone (to the main stage) to give the performance before I could even say "Wait!" Needless to say, I screwed up but I hammed it up to the best of my abilities and the audience really seemed to enjoy it. It was an absolute blast, and it was fun to see things from "behind the curtain"...especially the actor who played the "animatronic werewolf" chilling out backstage, smoking a cigarette (likely against the rules). As I walked out of the show at the end, they were selecting new volunteer/victims for the next show, using the people at the front of the FLP line once again.

The show in Orlando pales in comparison to the show that got axed for Transformers in Hollywood (haven't seen the "new" version of the show yet). They had me WAY (30+ feet) up in the air on a set with a TINY little catwalk platform, tied up and being tortured in one scene (before "magically" turning me into a skeleton), then they had me "attacking" another female volunteer with a GIANT fake cat's arm/claw to supplement rear-screen projection of a giant cat. For a third scene, they "slit" my arm open with a stage knife/fake blood, and there was one other scene they used me for that I don't remember. What a blast!

And as far as I can tell from having seen the UOR version several times, they aren't using plants.

I just saw it last summer with my family and I loved it. The main woman was feigning interest in me (we were in the front row) and when she asked me to give her mouth to mouth and I told her I wasnt her type (I'm gay). She acted offended for the whole show so every joke came back to me. The part where she sprays the water out of the heart, she just soaked for me a good minute, then said "we both know why this is happening." At the end of the show, she threw the fake arm at me and told the werewolf to kill me instead. Both women were great at improv. It was hilarious and one of my favorite memories from the vacation. I do agree the special effects part of the show was lacking, but the women were so funny I didnt really care.

But on topic, I also had a women who claimed "No english" and she absolutely refused to go on stage. They had another women go in her place. They definitely seek out foreign travelers.

Last edited:
My wife got picked on from the start when the guy came running out with the knife in his chest. She wouldn't help him out so he got her back later. It was hilarious!!