Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hotel Amenities Comparison

richjagr

VIP Member
Sep 11, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Hi, I did not see a related thread, but I was hoping one of you that has stayed at the hotels would be able be able to assist. I am a Type 1 Diabetic, hence I always have medications and insulin that have to be temperature controlled, best in a fridge. Because of "something always goes wrong" I always bring extras with me. Looking through the Universal website I could not find a comparison that included that level of amenities. Needless to say I don't like chancing my stays to "does the front desk have any fridges available for rooms" if I can help it.

I know Cabana Bay has mini fridges and microwaves in the rooms, but do any of the other hotels? I have stayed at Portifino and Hard Rock a long time ago (pre-diagnosis) but insulin is so expensive those are no loner in my price range.

I was eyeing Adventura or surfside/dockside since it would just be my husband and me for HHN. Lately I have stayed offsite for our trips but that is more for the fact the onsite hotels are booked by the time I can schedule time off so we can go midweek and avoid the weekend crowds but I am planning ahead this year for HHN to take advantage of the AP rates.

I can also confirm staying at standard rooms at both Cabana Bay and Hard Rock hotel this past week, both had the same type of fridge in each room. Its the little small ones but perfectly fine to hold your meds.

I can also confirm staying at standard rooms at both Cabana Bay and Hard Rock hotel this past week, both had the same type of fridge in each room. Its the little small ones but perfectly fine to hold your meds.

pretty sure the deluxe hotels were the last to get the mini fridges, glad to hear they have them now! When it come to silly things like soap/shampoo, CBBR (last time I stayed) was period themed so Zest soap and such.

Really though, we've enjoyed many stays and find each resort has a reason why I like stay (have not been to the two newest ones) -- anyway, even between the three deluxe hotels, i have a hard time picking a favorite as I enjoy each one for different reasons.

We have had a horrible time with the fridges not working right at hard rock