E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone seen Botanicus in awhile? He wasn't working yesterday and I don't recall seeing him since probably summer or before.

Do you mean in the queue or on the ride? Cause he’s been missing from the queue for awhile and I’m devastated by it.

oh no, how long has he been missing? As you can tell by the avatar it is my favorite ride, and we’re planning a first trip later this year to bring my son.

oh no, how long has he been missing? As you can tell by the avatar it is my favorite ride, and we’re planning a first trip later this year to bring my son.
I have no idea how long, but I don’t recall seeing him since before the pandemic closure last year maybe? But I only ride it once every few months so I’m not 100% certain he’s been gone that long. The sound effects still play when he’s supposed to rise up, but he doesn’t show up.

Over 10 years since this thread started. Hope ET gets some TLC and is around another 10. I do miss it in Hollywood but the Mummy is fun too.
E.T. Adventure seems like the next ride to be replaced at Universal Orlando. It's been operating since 1990 and breaks down every time I visit the park. However, I hope it doesn't anytime soon. E.T. is, and always will be a classic. Its duplicate over in Hollywood and Japan have already been shut down.

I have no idea how long, but I don’t recall seeing him since before the pandemic closure last year maybe? But I only ride it once every few months so I’m not 100% certain he’s been gone that long. The sound effects still play when he’s supposed to rise up, but he doesn’t show up.
He was working well when I was there in Feb. 2020 right before the pandemic. But, as I've said, some vacations he's not working and some he does. I go twice a year in normal times (10 to 14 days each vacation).I'll ride ET five to ten times each vacation. Love the ride, obviously. I'm guessing they have reoccuring tech issues.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
He was working well when I was there in Feb. 2020 right before the pandemic. But, as I've said, some vacations he's not working and some he does. I go twice a year in normal times (10 to 14 days each vacation).I'll ride ET five to ten times each vacation. Love the ride, obviously. I'm guessing they have reoccuring tech issues.
That was the last time I saw him myself. Just twinkling sound effects and an empty rock since the parks reopened for me.

Everyone always wonders why we just stand in the queue listening to his spiel (or staring in the dark till he starts the next round).

we even finally got enough of the vintage ET hats they used to sell (years of eBay watching) to all ride them on our next visit.

Attachments

• 36AF6842-5565-44B4-AF7A-57CD2088D70E.jpeg
    36AF6842-5565-44B4-AF7A-57CD2088D70E.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 21