E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't read too much into this, but the implication here is certainly that the ride should be safe for quite some time:

Also, I’m all in favor of more “human interest” stories like this showing up; as many of us have said, there’s still plenty of runway for Universal to mine its fans’ nostalgia for the past era of USF, and it's nice to at least see Universal acknowledge the fans who grew up with the park in its heyday.

Do you think if ET was eventually replaced down the line could this possibly spark the return of old and iconic attractions to comeback like Earthquake, Jaws, Back to the future, twister? Yes Universal tends to look forward in the future I know this but they will always be a part of Universals past. So if they were to reimagine these classics in the future I am sure they would I think it would be fun to see a new state of the art jaws animatronic with todays current technology maybe make a Amity Island section since it is the last original attraction at Universal.

Do you think if ET was eventually replaced down the line could this possibly spark the return of old and iconic attractions to comeback like Earthquake, Jaws, Back to the future, twister? Yes Universal tends to look forward in the future I know this but they will always be a part of Universals past. So if they were to reimagine these classics in the future I am sure they would I think it would be fun to see a new state of the art jaws animatronic with todays current technology maybe make a Amity Island section since it is the last original attraction at Universal.
Nope.

Unfortunately, Universal apparently doesn't see much value in the classic properties beyond merchandise (for JAWS and BTTF). The Legacy Store was a nice addition in CityWalk, and functions as an affectionate appreciation of the past, but I think that's about the extent of what we'll ever see from Universal regarding those IPs.

Hopefully E.T. will continue to hang on.

Kong returned and maybe if Monsters is a hit they reconsider old ip to get a new life in re-imagined attractions.
Kong came back because the franchise got rebooted with a modern aesthetic and story. Reign of Kong isn’t based on the same “franchise” as Kongfrontation was. The Monsters land was getting developed when Universal was planning to reboot the Monsters with Dark Universe, and they’re still basically rebooting the Monsters. The only way Jaws, BttF or other IP theme park fans are so wistful for comes back is if those IPs get similar reboots. BttF will get rebooted over Roger Zemeckis’ dead body, and Jaws is likely in a similar boat with Spielberg.

Kong came back because the franchise got rebooted with a modern aesthetic and story. Reign of Kong isn’t based on the same “franchise” as Kongfrontation was. The Monsters land was getting developed when Universal was planning to reboot the Monsters with Dark Universe, and they’re still basically rebooting the Monsters. The only way Jaws, BttF or other IP theme park fans are so wistful for comes back is if those IPs get similar reboots. BttF will get rebooted over Roger Zemeckis’ dead body, and Jaws is likely in a similar boat with Spielberg.

I saw someone make a really cool idea for a BTTF4 a few years back that explains why the 2010s were so different than portrayed in BTTF2--something about the technology for flying cars starting a nuclear war.

I'd be down for a revival of BTTF if we could get something that cool, but I have no faith in Hollywood at this point.

But it is universals past and these classic movies will always be in universals library so they can use them anytime they want you know what I mean plus the merchandise is being sold. Their are many people that miss the classic and iconic universal attractions I think they were just as popular as Harry Potter in my opinion. I think if Harry Potter were to leave eventually I don’t think many people would miss it as much as the old iconic classic attractions yes the Harry Potter movies were brilliant the franchise will never die. I just think that they need to ease off of so much Harry Potter stuff it’s starting to become way to much Universal needs to branch out with more properties that are Universal owned like classic monsters. Sci Fi is a huge hole that universal needs to fill.

• Haha
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
But it is universals past and these classic movies will always be in universals library so they can use them anytime they want you know what I mean plus the merchandise is being sold.

Universal don't need rides to sell the merchandise.

I can't see BTTF ever coming back to the parks. The future being 2015 would require a massive rewrite to the story and I just don't think it will work.

The only IP I could see return would be Jaws and I think USF is in desperate need of a water ride.

The only retired IP that I would love to see return would be Ghostbusters, especially with the new resurgence.

Universal don't need rides to sell the merchandise.

I can't see BTTF ever coming back to the parks. The future being 2015 would require a massive rewrite to the story and I just don't think it will work.

The only IP I could see return would be Jaws and I think USF is in desperate need of a water ride.

The only retired IP that I would love to see return would be Ghostbusters, especially with the new resurgence.
Wow you are saying never we will see anything related to back to the future come back to any universal park I’m surprised you say that because their has been a documentary on discovery about BTTF it’s not a movie but it could spark interest of a attraction coming back you don’t see it. I just think when ET does leave it will be major since it will be the last standing original attraction from the 90’s I think universal might do something about it. I don’t want Spielberg to leave as Consultant from the parks it’s nice to have a legend like him a part of Universal parks even though he is a part of Amblin/Universal he says at times it’s like his home. I think jaws can work too I want to see it at EU or a fourth gate at Universal if it doesn’t come back to the studios original park. Ghostbusters I can see coming back I don’t know if they’ll do another movie. Terminator I think will see another one. Twister is getting rebooted. And waterworld is getting a TV series so I wouldn’t rule out some of these we could get a waterworld show here in Florida plus their is a waterworld land coming to universal studios Beijing.