Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HOWL-O-SCREAM RETURNING TO SEAWORLD ORLANDO IN 2022

After a successful "inaugural fear," Howl-O-Scream will once again wash ashore in Orlando on Sept. 9, 2022 with nowhere to hide!
YAY! Hopefully with a new house

It looked like they could fit another one right next to the motel one (sorry name escapes me)

They had a giant tent structure set up that looked like it was supposed to be something and it got cut last minute

Reactions: Ahmanet
Great it’s coming back, but it’s gotta take more than one new house to get me to return.

I don’t think they should add a house but stick to four. Maybe do a “sequel” to one and do three new houses.

Yeah… they don’t have the budget for that at HoS.
Could they at least do two new houses while keeping their count to four? Or is their budget really that strained?

Just seems odd to me that they can afford four new houses on their premiere year but can barely afford more than one after that.

Could they at least do two new houses while keeping their count to four? Or is their budget really that strained?

Just seems odd to me that they can afford four new houses on their premiere year but can barely afford more than one after that.
Technically they weren't new houses :tease:

• Wow
Technically they weren't new houses :tease:
Ooooooohhh

Well, I’ve never been to Tampa’s HoS (Hope to fix that this year though!) Im not very well-versed with BG HoS so I didn’t realize they repurposed a lot of those houses for this event.

So what was the ratio of repeats from Tampa to new concepts? Or were they all repeats?

Ooooooohhh

Well, I’ve never been to Tampa’s HoS (Hope to fix that this year though!) Im not very well-versed with BG HoS so I didn’t realize they repurposed a lot of those houses for this event.

So what was the ratio of repeats from Tampa to new concepts? Or were they all repeats?
There were some new elements, but the Pirate one, for instance, was basically the same

• Wow
How long until Disney Springs wants to get in on this market?

Christmas Tree Trail space + a Fox acquired IP they want to promote

There were some new elements, but the Pirate one, for instance, was basically the same

I felt like it worked though, like none of the houses seemed like a straight up transplant of anything from BGT at least. I will say however that the icy themed one (whose name escapes me) felt like a "frozen" version of Unearthed, and even reused that same little piano riff at the end.

But credit where it's due, I really loved the amount of immersion and atmosphere we got last year. The street shows, the themed bars, and the scare zones that all tied in with the different houses really made the event feel high caliber and I had a better time because of it than I did at HHN, running around to 10 disparate houses with an express pass. I think I'd be happy if the four houses from last year got some nominal changes to keep things fresh, maybe one or two new houses were added on, and at least Kraken/JTA were kept open for the event. And now that the company has very publicly announced they have money, it seems silly that they'd be unable to scrape together the budget to make that happen, especially for such a profitable event.

I felt like it worked though, like none of the houses seemed like a straight up transplant of anything from BGT at least. I will say however that the icy themed one (whose name escapes me) felt like a "frozen" version of Unearthed, and even reused that same little piano riff at the end.

But credit where it's due, I really loved the amount of immersion and atmosphere we got last year. The street shows, the themed bars, and the scare zones that all tied in with the different houses really made the event feel high caliber and I had a better time because of it than I did at HHN, running around to 10 disparate houses with an express pass. I think I'd be happy if the four houses from last year got some nominal changes to keep things fresh, maybe one or two new houses were added on, and at least Kraken/JTA were kept open for the event. And now that the company has very publicly announced they have money, it seems silly that they'd be unable to scrape together the budget to make that happen, especially for such a profitable event.
Yes 100 percent, the Pirate themed house was better than it ever was at BGT

I support the idea of moving houses around, it seems like they're not interested in a 1 to 1 recreation, rather using the props and set pieces, but telling their own stories

This has me really excited for Sea World now.

Great comparison of the two events ... a boutique immersive experience VS the Halloween equivalent of shopping at a busy mall during the holidays, ha.

Reactions: shiekra38
This has me really excited for Sea World now.

Great comparison of the two events ... a boutique immersive experience VS the Halloween equivalent of shopping at a busy mall during the holidays, ha.
Yes, HHN has become more of a hassle to attend these days

Luckily SW and BGT have great horror events as well as Sir Henry's and some others around the state

I support the idea of moving houses around, it seems like they're not interested in a 1 to 1 recreation, rather using the props and set pieces, but telling their own stories

It helps that outside of people who post about Halloween online in April, most guests attending the Orlando event have never been to Tampa (and I imagine vice versa). Switching up houses between the two cities is fine, especially if as you say they can put a unique spin on the props/costumes. My concern is if 4 of 5 houses are repeats from Orlando 2021; I don't think a local market spoiled by HHN will respond well to that.

It helps that outside of people who post about Halloween online in April, most guests attending the Orlando event have never been to Tampa (and I imagine vice versa). Switching up houses between the two cities is fine, especially if as you say they can put a unique spin on the props/costumes. My concern is if 4 of 5 houses are repeats from Orlando 2021; I don't think a local market spoiled by HHN will respond well to that.
It will be interesting to see if they toss up the houses in some way every year

They used to do that a lot at BGT, the next year would be a continuation of the story from the year before

It was hit or miss on when they would do it, but it was effective IMO

But yes, SW can't do the 5 year run of the same houses like BGT has done in the past

Are you allowed to video the houses in Orlando? Know you are allowed (and scareactors love to perform for cameras) record houses in Orlando?

Hard to tell, with different info and would love to video the houses.

Are you allowed to video the houses in Orlando? Know you are allowed (and scareactors love to perform for cameras) record houses in Orlando?

Hard to tell, with different info and would love to video the houses.

You are not generally permitted to take photos or videos in the Orlando houses. Some media outlets get special permission to shoot highlight reels in the opening days of the event.

Reactions: shiekra38
You are not generally permitted to take photos or videos in the Orlando houses. Some media outlets get special permission to shoot highlight reels in the opening days of the event.

Do people get allowed to record the whole experience at the end or near the end of the event’s run? And if not then why?