Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2022 (Seaworld Orlando)

GA-MBIT

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2017
Isle Delfino
1024x530-swo-hos-2022-banner-seeyounextfear.ashx

HOWL-O-SCREAM RETURNING TO SEAWORLD ORLANDO IN 2022

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny they followed HHN's lead in posting dates this week. Can't wait for details-- I'm guessing more of the park will be open for this, hopefully creating a loop instead of a dead end. Traffic flow on busy nights was tight.

Friday the 13th sale dropped in my inbox -- two nights for $66.66.

Most interesting tidbit: "It's back and bigger than ever with ALL-NEW terrors." Positive sign they won't follow the BGT model with repeated houses, and might even expand to five..

That's a great deal on the 2 for $66.66 tickets:

Tampa is also doing it.

Sea World got some national news coverage with this promotion, pretty cool.

Wonder if they will enter the IP game this year?

Sea World got some national news coverage with this promotion, pretty cool.

Wonder if they will enter the IP game this year?
HOS (at least Tampa) is best when it is unique and out of the ordinary

In its history it has explored many horror archetypes in unique ways (i.e. the Haunted Hotel)

With the exception of Bloody Mary (which actually didn't work out), Poe, and working with the Blair Witch people I hope any IPs are just general nods at best

I have been looking at the 26 slots on the website recently and a few speculation ideas have jumped to mind:
  • Mako, Ice Breaker, and Manta may be open this year based on the last three slots.
  • If Manta is open, maybe this year guests will enter in the regular entrance of the park.
  • Maybe a scare zone right at park entrance or maybe outside the gates (similar to Tampa)
  • Deadly Ambush, Witchcraft Bayou, and Frozen Terror return.
  • Beneath the Ice, Captain's Revenge, and Dead Vines return.
  • A upgrade to a house last year in which it might change to a haunted ghost ship cruise?

I have been looking at the 26 slots on the website recently and a few speculation ideas have jumped to mind:
  • Mako, Ice Breaker, and Manta may be open this year based on the last three slots.
  • If Manta is open, maybe this year guests will enter in the regular entrance of the park.
  • Maybe a scare zone right at park entrance or maybe outside the gates (similar to Tampa)
  • Deadly Ambush, Witchcraft Bayou, and Frozen Terror return.
  • Beneath the Ice, Captain's Revenge, and Dead Vines return.
  • A upgrade to a house last year in which it might change to a haunted ghost ship cruise?
I kind of loved how the entrance was done last year, I hope they use the side entrance again, personally

Also, I was able to go in early with my pass, we sat over Lakeside Grill or whatever and there were a few food booths around there and the mime team kept us entertained

It was a nice little perk that I didn't pay any extra for

Add in already being in the park, we were able to do two of the houses pretty much alone

I think it's still a good idea to block off most of the park, for the most part the event won't be busy enough to justify it. Also gives daytime Spooktacular room to breath in Key West.

A bridge from Mako to Shamu would be appreciated though to at least close the loop. The Pirates zone always felt like a pretty bad dead end that no one stuck around in.

I think it's still a good idea to block off most of the park, for the most part the event won't be busy enough to justify it. Also gives daytime Spooktacular room to breath in Key West.

A bridge from Mako to Shamu would be appreciated though to at least close the loop. The Pirates zone always felt like a pretty bad dead end that no one stuck around in.
Yes the full complete circle would be fine...perhaps work in another house back there

As someone who's been "spoiled" by going to HHN for so many years, the biggest problem I had with Howl O Scream Orlando was the lack of signs and how crazy the place was. I maybe go to Sea World every 3 years or so, so I have no internal map of the park layout in my head. You come into the park from some weird side entry and there's the first house with a huge line, so we decided to jump ahead a house or two to get in front of the rush. Had no idea where to go! Asked a couple people and just pointed in general directions. Then you had to walk into part of a stadium and do a semicircle and come out somewhere else. Did a house and got spit out somewhere totally different.

Trying to find the 4th house (everybody referred to them as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) we somehow found our way our way to the 4th house yet somehow missed the corresponding scarezones. No indication of the house or anything from the thoroughfare, but saw the sign after we walked past the house so went back to check it out.

The circle of Universal Studios is soooo nice for events like this. In the past they've had a couple houses that went in by Kidszone and spit you out by MIB (or maybe vice versa, memory isn't so good) but while that was confusing, the lagoon in the middle allowed you to quickly orient yourself (or at worse you had a 50/50 shot of going the right direction since there's a single path).

Seaworld needs to have better/more signs for the houses, shows, and zones. It was too hard to find stuff when we only went one night, after dark, with no daytime map stored in our head. At one point, we walked down this big long walkway seeing people coming from that direction so figured there was something down there...only to come to a roped off dead end that seemed like it could/should have been blocked off much earlier to save everybody from walking down there.

The app with the map was so spotty that it wasn't much help at all and the GPS on it wasn't very accurate. We'd look where we were, start walking, then it would completely change us to a parallel path or something.

HoS Williamsburg was even worse as the ENTIRE park is open, with even less signs, and pathways through the woods that are obstructed by closed rides so you can't see the path until you walk to what looks like a dead end from a distance. Having all of Seaworld open, but with only a handful of rides, houses, zones and themed bars seems like it would be a similar nightmare.

Having said all that, we thoroughly enjoyed the event and took advantage of the 2 for $66.66 deal to do it again this year...but hoping for more sineage directing you to houses and something like HHN where there's a clear sign/portal/entry point for the queue so you aren't left guessing if there's not a line long enough for you to see it from the pathways.

As someone who's been "spoiled" by going to HHN for so many years, the biggest problem I had with Howl O Scream Orlando was the lack of signs and how crazy the place was. I maybe go to Sea World every 3 years or so, so I have no internal map of the park layout in my head. You come into the park from some weird side entry and there's the first house with a huge line, so we decided to jump ahead a house or two to get in front of the rush. Had no idea where to go! Asked a couple people and just pointed in general directions. Then you had to walk into part of a stadium and do a semicircle and come out somewhere else. Did a house and got spit out somewhere totally different.

Trying to find the 4th house (everybody referred to them as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) we somehow found our way our way to the 4th house yet somehow missed the corresponding scarezones. No indication of the house or anything from the thoroughfare, but saw the sign after we walked past the house so went back to check it out.

The circle of Universal Studios is soooo nice for events like this. In the past they've had a couple houses that went in by Kidszone and spit you out by MIB (or maybe vice versa, memory isn't so good) but while that was confusing, the lagoon in the middle allowed you to quickly orient yourself (or at worse you had a 50/50 shot of going the right direction since there's a single path).

Seaworld needs to have better/more signs for the houses, shows, and zones. It was too hard to find stuff when we only went one night, after dark, with no daytime map stored in our head. At one point, we walked down this big long walkway seeing people coming from that direction so figured there was something down there...only to come to a roped off dead end that seemed like it could/should have been blocked off much earlier to save everybody from walking down there.

The app with the map was so spotty that it wasn't much help at all and the GPS on it wasn't very accurate. We'd look where we were, start walking, then it would completely change us to a parallel path or something.

HoS Williamsburg was even worse as the ENTIRE park is open, with even less signs, and pathways through the woods that are obstructed by closed rides so you can't see the path until you walk to what looks like a dead end from a distance. Having all of Seaworld open, but with only a handful of rides, houses, zones and themed bars seems like it would be a similar nightmare.

Having said all that, we thoroughly enjoyed the event and took advantage of the 2 for $66.66 deal to do it again this year...but hoping for more sineage directing you to houses and something like HHN where there's a clear sign/portal/entry point for the queue so you aren't left guessing if there's not a line long enough for you to see it from the pathways.
This is good feedback, I'm not sure if you have but I would send them a DM or email with this information.

I go to SeaWorld all the time and it was strange trying to find all the haunted houses and make sure I didn't miss anything lol