Ice Breaker (SWO) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Ice Breaker (SWO)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like the only hold up at this point is the merchandise/ride photo kiosk that will be built at the ride's exit. The construction walls are still up around that area and are blocking about half of the exit path. Hopefully that goes up quickly!

Looks like the only hold up at this point is the merchandise/ride photo kiosk that will be built at the ride's exit. The construction walls are still up around that area and are blocking about half of the exit path. Hopefully that goes up quickly!
So long as the half of the path is wide enough for wheelchairs, I don’t see why it could open.

If I recall, Infinity Falls opened without its photo booth at first. Hagrid too iirc, but I might be misremembering on that one.

Reactions: ParkRumors
Gonna bring this up here too; an individual pointed out on Theme Park Stops discord server--that this happened with Riptide Racers, days before it was announced of it's official grand opening.

Perhaps we aren't far behind.

It’s official. An employee told me it is indefinitely on hold. It is likely to be delayed into 2022

So where's the official press release/announcement from SeaWorld themselves that it's delayed/opening in 2022? That would be truly "official", since to be blunt, some random employee telling you the very thing that only you have been claiming ad nauseum is not official, and quite frankly it's rather suspect.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
No way. There is not a good reason to not open it. Plus, isn’t it running every day? They would be testing it for no reason

Last I heard, the manufacturer had their employees ride, so folks have ridding the coaster. I assume the next step would be Sea World Employees, but we are in the mist of Spring Break. I've also heard all of the parks are having a tough time attracting workers which might make opening a new attraction difficult.

I will say though that I thought the scrims around the ride said Spring when they went up but now they say soon -- but, I might have seen the spring part elsewhere.

Now, if the install crew discovered an issue, I would expect them to delay (but I would think they would block the entrance back up again if it were not opening this year.

Last I heard, the manufacturer had their employees ride, so folks have ridding the coaster. I assume the next step would be Sea World Employees, but we are in the mist of Spring Break. I've also heard all of the parks are having a tough time attracting workers which might make opening a new attraction difficult.

I will say though that I thought the scrims around the ride said Spring when they went up but now they say soon -- but, I might have seen the spring part elsewhere.

Now, if the install crew discovered an issue, I would expect them to delay (but I would think they would block the entrance back up again if it were not opening this year.
"Spring" is already kind of here in the theme park world...and "Summer" is approaching in a month...so soon makes a ton of sense

Heck, this could open in Fall/Winter for all we know lol

Reactions: Frank Drackman
So just a quick update... the attraction has had its Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for guest use since 3/18. TCO's are only valid for 30 days while waiting for final inspections to be scheduled and completed. Since we're quickly approaching that 30 day mark and SeaWorld still hasn't scheduled any final inspections (still waiting on that merch structure to be built I guess...), they've filed an extension for their TCO to keep it active. The notes they included on the extension indicate they plan to open the ride in the next 3-4 weeks.

Ice-Breaker2.png

So just a quick update... the attraction has had its Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for guest use since 3/18. TCO's are only valid for 30 days while waiting for final inspections to be scheduled and completed. Since we're quickly approaching that 30 day mark and SeaWorld still hasn't scheduled any final inspections (still waiting on that merch structure to be built I guess...), they've filed an extension for their TCO to keep it active. The notes they included on the extension indicate they plan to open the ride in the next 3-4 weeks.

Ice-Breaker2.png
FINALLY. Now Iron Gwazi please