Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

They were working on the train in the station today when I walked by. It looked like they were doing something with the restraints (adjusting/changing?)

img_0770-jpg.14999

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 547
I heard from someone who knows what's going on with Ice Breaker, and apparently there is an issue with the ride not being able to run three trains without having a train load of riders sitting on the brakes in the blazing sun. I'd think there'd be an easy solution with a sunshade over the brake run, but apparently the park is looking for a better fix for that to make capacity as high as possible. Two train ops apparently aren't acceptable to the park.

They have the same issue with Mako and the third train baking guests in the sun if the station backs up.

I heard from someone who knows what's going on with Ice Breaker, and apparently there is an issue with the ride not being able to run three trains without having a train load of riders sitting on the brakes in the blazing sun. I'd think there'd be an easy solution with a sunshade over the brake run, but apparently the park is looking for a better fix for that to make capacity as high as possible. Two train ops apparently aren't acceptable to the park.

They have the same issue with Mako and the third train baking guests in the sun if the station backs up.

Considering how the ride looks to operate, I don't see one can really fix capacity. It's one train in the station, one train on the launch/course and one on the brakes. You can't dispatch until the train on the course clears the hill, so really the fix for trains on the brake run is put a shade over it.

Now if it's due to them not being able to load/unload fast enough, get rid of the comfort collars. They're not needed and just add another step to take up time, and that's not counting any extra time if a guest has trouble with them.

Yeah, what the heck? That makes no sense. Unless everyone involved with the creation of this ride was completely oblivious to how roller coasters operate, they would have known this from day one.

There are only 2 trains, I highly doubt this is the reason.

It has nothing to do with the ride. It's a strategic choice made by management to delay Iron Gwazi/Ice Breaker and every other coaster in the chain.
This person who works in SeaWorld Attractions told me it was an issue with the ride that still was being worked out. I have no reason to believe otherwise. I know the COULD open it any time since they already had employees ride it, but they are choosing not to for some reason and that is the reason I was given.

This person who works in SeaWorld Attractions told me it was an issue with the ride that still was being worked out. I have no reason to believe otherwise. I know the COULD open it any time since they already had employees ride it, but they are choosing not to for some reason and that is the reason I was given.

If they were worried about people "baking" outside they could easily put up a cheap tarp like they did with Kraken. This is more about not needing a boost in attendance at the moment.

something that I've heard is that if you have an AP for this year that expires before Ice Breaker opens, you can get a one day ticket for free to come and ride it when it opens. I just found that interesting (if true).

something that I've heard is that if you have an AP for this year that expires before Ice Breaker opens, you can get a one day ticket for free to come and ride it when it opens. I just found that interesting (if true).
It appears they're allowing you to come and ride IB or IG if your pass expires by opening

I'm curious if they give you a wristband or something just to ride the coaster or give you a free day

I hope it's a full day as the other option would be incredibly ridiculous

If it gets a few more locals to stop in the parks in the slow season, it makes sense. This is a great incentive to get the most loyal passholders to visit more often and reward them with extra early rides before other passholders.