Halloween at Islands of Adventure (2021) | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Islands of Adventure (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My instinct is they had the empty space and decided to use it to promote HHN. The fact that those coverings went onto the windows the same day they posted ticket info doesn't seem to be coincidental.

I think it makes sense to have an HHN outpost right on the edge of Wizarding World-- a place for merchandise and ticket sales with the audience who is already in the mood

Reactions: OIHO_YERAC
Curious if any more halloween-ish decorations have shown up? I'm an out of stater, but heading to Orlando for a family vacation that includes Halloween and am looking for something to do with my nephew that isn't the ridiculous ripoff at Disney. Brick Or Treat at Legoland looks like a decent option, but would much rather spend the day at Universal if they are doing anything fun for the kiddos.

Curious if any more halloween-ish decorations have shown up? I'm an out of stater, but heading to Orlando for a family vacation that includes Halloween and am looking for something to do with my nephew that isn't the ridiculous ripoff at Disney. Brick Or Treat at Legoland looks like a decent option, but would much rather spend the day at Universal if they are doing anything fun for the kiddos.
I mean Sea World has a decent Halloween Event for Kids

Well, back in 2004 they had HHN at both parks for one admission price. It was among my favorite of the HHN experiences. Honestly, it was kinda insane. So if they suddenly announced something for both parks...it would be welcomed. I mean you don't celebrate 30 years of fear with a wimper... especially after the last 16 months the entire world just went through.

Well, back in 2004 they had HHN at both parks for one admission price. It was among my favorite of the HHN experiences. Honestly, it was kinda insane. So if they suddenly announced something for both parks...it would be welcomed. I mean you don't celebrate 30 years of fear with a wimper... especially after the last 16 months the entire world just went through.

Looking at what this years lineup is so far, I don't think it's going to be celebrated with a wimper. It's got the goods.

As for a two park event, that was definitely quite the feat back in 2004. Though for current times, I honestly don't think it's worth it. The vast majority of usable space is in the studios, IoA can only offer a house or two at this point. (Carnage Warehouse and maybe Poseidon's Fury.) An the narrow streets just won't cut it for the current crowds. Not to mention the studios now have the tents and parade warehouse houses, you definitely don't wanna' leave those out of the mix, and the thought of having to walk from MIB to IoA or vis versa is not good.

Looking at what this years lineup is so far, I don't think it's going to be celebrated with a wimper. It's got the goods.

As for a two park event, that was definitely quite the feat back in 2004. Though for current times, I honestly don't think it's worth it. The vast majority of usable space is in the studios, IoA can only offer a house or two at this point. (Carnage Warehouse and maybe Poseidon's Fury.) An the narrow streets just won't cut it for the current crowds. Not to mention the studios now have the tents and parade warehouse houses, you definitely don't wanna' leave those out of the mix, and the thought of having to walk from MIB to IoA or vis versa is not good.
Plus with all the hotel rooms now, Universal needs a park to keep guests, that don't want to do HHN, entertained. When Studios close early for HHN, there's usually a mass exodus of guests to IOA.

Plus with all the hotel rooms now, Universal needs a park to keep guests, that don't want to do HHN, entertained. When Studios close early for HHN, there's usually a mass exodus of guests to IOA.
This! I was at HHN in 2019 for 2 days so didn’t get to “escape” to IOA but if I were there for a week I certainly would. Have offerings like they had at Hogwarts and that’s all I need in IOA for this event really

Reactions: Mad Dog
This! I was at HHN in 2019 for 2 days so didn’t get to “escape” to IOA but if I were there for a week I certainly would. Have offerings like they had at Hogwarts and that’s all I need in IOA for this event really
Yes, that was us also. We like to 'sample' HHN, for a day or two during vacation, but we're not hardcore fans. The rest of our vacation, that's generally 10 to 14 days, we'll spend the HHN nights at IOA, or
do a full day trip or two up to Disney.

Yes, that was us also. We like to 'sample' HHN, for a day or two during vacation, but we're not hardcore fans. The rest of our vacation, that's generally 10 to 14 days, we'll spend the HHN nights at IOA, or
do a full day trip or two up to Disney.
Ya my ex liked haunted houses but I don’t love them. I liked the HHN houses cause they’re so fully themed but still not my total vibe. Would be a good night to steal some Mythos reservations I feel

Yeah there will never be a HHN at IOA it is a logistical nightmare and not worth it. IOA isn’t build to facilitate an event like HHN anymore

It will probably be a free daytime event similar to last years offerings.

Reactions: Neo