Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Mods excuse my language.
But what the f*** is this?
This is just crap, is this what they meant by opening March? (Only to pass holders who visit our park in the dead season when we intentionally held info to make you boys buy more annual passes, sorry uWu, so sorry, sucks for you.)

Wow... this is some evil corporate nonsense. Sell Annual Passes while advertising a new ride opening during the pass year. Finish building the ride (as in its fully capable of operating now). Delay the ride opening until outside the pass year. Force Passholders to show up some minimum number of days in a specific portion of the year to experience that attraction.

Mods excuse my language.
But what the f*** is this?
This is just crap, is this what they meant by opening March? (Only to pass holders who visit our park in the dead season when we intentionally held info to make you boys buy more annual passes, sorry uWu, so sorry, sucks for you.)
Wow... this is some evil corporate nonsense. Sell Annual Passes while advertising a new ride opening during the pass year. Finish building the ride (as in its fully capable of operating now). Delay the ride opening until outside the pass year. Force Passholders to show up some minimum number of days in a specific portion of the year to experience that attraction.
It's a shady tactic for sure, but if you don't like it, don't renew. The only thing that gets you is to "preview" the attraction before the grand opening. They're using you to keep you guys paying for an AP that you aren't really using just for the "privilege" of getting to ride it slightly sooner than normal guests will.

Nope, they're even doing it for Ice Breaker in SW, too.

They're probably doing this because the parks are low on attendance at this time and they want to do something to draw people in...yes, the irony is pretty rich at this point.

My hype is kind of gone for both of these coasters. Iron Gwazi might be a great ride, but the hype for this roller coaster has been ripped from my soul with the amount of delays and tactics like this.

Meanwhile, a Fun Spot is opening a up RMC next year. Meanwhile, I might be riding Iron Gwazi's older brother Zadra next year. I am more hyped to ride all of these roller coasters than Iron Gwazi at this point.

Is anyone else's hype for Iron Gwazi and Ice Breaker gone or is it just me?

It's a shady tactic for sure, but if you don't like it, don't renew. The only thing that gets you is to "preview" the attraction before the grand opening. They're using you to keep you guys paying for an AP that you aren't really using just for the "privilege" of getting to ride it slightly sooner than normal guests will.
You're right, and I don't plan to.

My read on this is anyone who does the three scans gets the earliest previews, with all passholders still getting early previews before the GP. Just an extra incentive for the most loyal passholders.

My hype is kind of gone for both of these coasters. Iron Gwazi might be a great ride, but the hype for this roller coaster has been ripped from my soul with the amount of delays and tactics like this.

Meanwhile, a Fun Spot is opening a up RMC next year. Meanwhile, I might be riding Iron Gwazi's older brother Zadra next year. I am more hyped to ride all of these roller coasters than Iron Gwazi at this point.

Is anyone else's hype for Iron Gwazi and Ice Breaker gone or is it just me?

I'm the same. Iron Gwazi was the only thing that was going to get me to return to BGT but I've lost interest again.

I know beggars can't be choosers since I can't even visit Florida right now but in the top 10 things for me to do when I return, BGT ain't in it.

Wait, so how the hell does this work for expired passholders? Didn't they say that if you bought a season pass due to Iron Gwazi you'd be able to ride early?
The passholder event and whatever they plan on doing for those who's passes expired seem like they'll be on different dates

Busch parks sold APs on the promise of first access to these rides…. In 2019. This is pathetic and unacceptable.
This is kind of the issue at heart. They sold us on the idea that IG would be open and then changed it to a winky face emoji during Covid.

Then they did the whole "anticipated opening" knowing full well it wasn't going too. I get it, they wanted passholders to come while at the same time capitalizing on their new addition and making sure that the attendance bump could still take place

However, I argue that the more truthful route would have been best. Perhaps they could have gotten more creative with how to get people in and move the needle a bit

From what I saw in summer though, they're not starving for attendance...Now is obviously a down time for them...but isn't it always?

They might as well ask for your vaccination card while they are at it. :bolt:
*massive groan*

Let's go!
1642650880057.png

Edit: This photo is currently not on the BGT social media feed's but it has been appearing all over the internet. Whether or not the photo itself is fake or real is still up for debate, but March 11 has been the date I have been hearing about for a while now.

Fingers crossed...

Last edited: