Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is a Marvel resort possible?

Sep 12, 2019
I have tried to find an answer to this question but every article I can find only references the use of Marvel characters in the theme parks and says nothing about hotels (granted I have not gone looking for the actual contract). I know Universal has exclusive rights to using the Marvel name and the Avengers characters in the theme parks east of the Mississippi and that Disneyland is more free but still has some restrictions-name use and type of ride systems. But Disney World can advertise Marvel movies on their busses and monorails.

But could Disney build a Marvel themed resort hotel in Orlando (and not use the Marvel name)? And, would that allow them to have character meet n greets at the resort? Is that a possible loophole/work around?

Before you even get to whether or not they can use it, issue #1 is that they won’t be building a new hotel for a long, long time.

Oh I know. It was just something I was curious about. I wonder if the Star Wars hotel is a success if they might not replicate the concept but with Marvel characters. Some story line of how you e been recruited to stay at Avengers Campus or something and things inevitably go wrong and you need to save the day with your favorite heroes. I know I’d be way more excited about hanging with Tony Stark than the Star Wars concept.

Oh I know. It was just something I was curious about. I wonder if the Star Wars hotel is a success if they might not replicate the concept but with Marvel characters. Some story line of how you e been recruited to stay at Avengers Campus or something and things inevitably go wrong and you need to save the day with your favorite heroes. I know I’d be way more excited about hanging with Tony Stark than the Star Wars concept.
Disney just might.

Well, Disney is retheming the New York, New York hotel at DLP and building an Avengers campus there. This would surely be a good test case for that. They could conceivably retheme the paradise pier hotel in DL with access to the Avengers campus there

Clearly with the land in the Disneyland expansion plans was for an immersive hotel with some sort of theme park experience. It would be pretty obvious that this would lead into the current built Marvel land given the location.