Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
So almost 3 months of it being open, what are you thoughts on Rockit after all that's gone on. Is it:

A) A success

B) A failure

C) Still too early to tell

Please, discuss. :thumbs:

I believe it's a failure. With the back-to-back valleying of certain trains, the roughness, and the overall quality of the attraction, it just screams EPIC FAIL to me.

I can't say whether or not it's a failure for Universal, but for me personally Rockit is definitely a let-down. I was stoked about Rockit last year, and fully expected it to deliver -- but it just........ didn't.

And it's not even the down-time aspect for me. I mean, that is concerning, but not why I'm disappointed. Honestly, the whole attraction just feels cheesy to me. The queue line makes me want to shoot myself, and the song choices are even worse than if it were American Idol themed. The hidden track aspect is nice, but even that list pretty much sucks.

I dunno. I still love Universal, but Rockit is already forgotten with Potter on the way. I'll stick with Mummy for 1/3 the wait time....

until they get the thing 100% working correctly (or as close to as possible) without the need of 'Down Time' it will be a failure.
I have a feeling that come Jan/Feb they will close it down to try and resolve some of the issues and get it ready for Spring Break.

I believe it's a failure. With the back-to-back valleying of certain trains, the roughness, and the overall quality of the attraction, it just screams EPIC FAIL to me.

You haven't ridden it and the thing has literally been opened for barely a month and a half. Technically it's still soft considering they never actually had a grand opening. How does it fail?

I think it's clear that I would have to say this coaster is an epic FAIL. From the downtime to the "rough trains" to loading system to banners being ripped off, this coaster is in no way a success. I have never walked off a ride as furious and disappointed as I did when I walked off Rockit.

To be fair, the valleying aren't Universal's fault, at least not directly. I know Rockit is a prototype, but I believe it's Maurer Sohne's largest coaster by quite a bit. I voted for "success", though I really couldn't consider Rockit a total success or a total failure. The coaster experience delivers for me. About the music selection, let's be reasonable. If all 30 songs were on the Billboard charts, Universal would be paying out the "drop tuning" for the rights. The queue and story is bland, so I can understand why some people are disappointed, but no one has proper reason to be infuriated.

Even with the problems I voted success. I am sure the kinks will get worked out, and after the newness wears off the lines will be tolerable. I don't ever see this ride being as popular as Mummy, but it should, in the long run, be a nice, fun thing to do while at the park.

In my opinion, it's still too early to tell. A lot of rides have problems early on. If I remember correctly, Spidey and RoTM were both broke down half the time for at least six months after their opening, and I don't think that anyone considers those rides failures. I think the best time to really get a feel for whether or not this thing is a success or failure would be around the one year mark.

The problem with Rockit is that it opened too soon. Most of the problems probably wouldn't have been problems if they didn't try to rush the opening and push it hard to the public. From what I've been told, the planning for Rockit has been rocky, even during the creative planning process.

On a side note, I think it's funny that the ones who voted "A Success" haven't explained their opinion. :lol:

It's a sucess in terms of people seeing it and saying "I wanna ride that!".

It's a failure because when they get to the entrance, chances are it's probably closed.

i really dont like the theming. i really wish they couldve gone with a movie theme. just movies, as much as you can get into one ride. play the famous soundtracks, quotes, etc.

bizarro (repainted superman in six flags new england) plas movie quotes etc. through its on ride speakers and it was ery cool to hear that while on the ride.

Eh, I'm going to say at this section of Rockits life, its a fail. The constant Valleying is a problem, but to me its still to early to determine its success. I'm sure that Rockit will be a success...... by mid next year. They at least have to get this up and running for the Summer/WWoHP rush. After my babbling, this place in Rockits timeline, it fails.

I'm leaning on the FAIL/Too early to tell side right now. Although it looks like HRRR won't have a bright future, it's not too late to turn it around.

Other than that, you can mark it with a big FAIL. :bonk:

-Cusi

Last edited:
At this exact time. Where RockIt stands now, it's on the whole a failure. The moving platform doesn't work making waits sky rocket, express still hasn't been green let for the ride yet, music selections were seriously pulled and down graded, and it's valleyed twice now due to high winds.

This thing might not be in the future, but where RockIt stands now, due to multiple factors it's a failure.

Okay, riddle me this batmen, is the ride technically officially open? No, it is not.

Give it till the end of the year before it is deemed a total failure. For me, in terms of what it has done for the park, it is without a doubt a tremendous success. However, according to what I've heard and why people constitute it as a failure, it is because of a bad experience on a rough car or in a long line. Some people have had very good experiences on the ride, others have not.

The only reason I'm even posting about this is because some people have damned this thing before it even gets off the ground, let it get to working correctly before final judgment is passed. It's 110% too early to tell how it will work out. Let it get to running correctly.

I'm going to have it to agree. We aren't talking about if the ride is great, or if it's better than other coasters. We're talking about if the ride is successful or not.

Well if we're talking about this, the crowds it has brought Universal is a sign of success. The only people say it's a failure is because they've ridden it and either don't like it, or had a bad experience. Kevin has done neither. So in these terms of overall effectiveness having not ridden the ride, yes it's brought people into the park and has Universal on their minds. Success.