Jaws Ride Pranks and Jokes | Inside Universal Forums

Jaws Ride Pranks and Jokes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
I know that the Jungle Cruise the skippers would play pranks on the riders, And I heard they did this on Jaws too:lol: But I can't find any info or any evidence that they played pranks. If you remember some of the jaws ride pranks or jokes post them below:thumbs:

What do you mean by pranks? I know some times they went off script, and made their own variations of the story line. Is that what your talking about?

On one ride the skipper gave me the "bucket" treatment just before the cooked shark popped up. I was soaked it seemed like a gallon of water was thrown in my lap!

Other than the occasional skipper that went off script here or there, no pranks ever occurred. All special effects, including the occasional tidal wave in scene 5 (where dead shark is) was all predetermined and not controlled by the skipper.

They did this prank a year or so back, it was great. The skippers and crew all got together and made it seem like the ride was closing down! They even drained the water and put up construction barriers all around Amity and everything!

The prank has been going on for an awful long time, though... :embarassed:

They did this prank a year or so back, it was great. The skippers and crew all got together and made it seem like the ride was closing down! They even drained the water and put up construction barriers all around Amity and everything!

Don't worry, they're just building bigger boats.

They played the same prank with Back to The Future too. Then The Simpsons moved in.