Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Job Application Process Questions

Apr 17, 2017
California
Hello. I am an 18 year old college student that has recently applied to work at Universal Studios, and I have a couple of questions.

I submitted an application to work in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as a team member on March 31, 2017, and I was sent an e-mail stating that my application had been received almost immediately afterwards.

If anyone has answers to -- or knows anything relevant about -- the following questions, please reply; it would be greatly appreciated.

QUESTION 1: How long does it usually take for an application to be reviewed and for the applicant to be contacted back? It has been a bit over two weeks since I applied now, though from what I learned from searching online and from questioning employees in the park, it usually takes one to two weeks to hear back.

QUESTION 2: Does a rejection letter get sent if a job application is not accepted? I reviewed my account options on the USH jobs website, and I do have the option 'Send a rejection letter if my job submission is not accepted' marked as 'Yes', but I am just worried that one will never be sent out and I will never hear back at all.

I realise that I am probably being impatient and I should wait longer or move on and apply elsewhere, but I think working in Universal Studios would be an amazing experience, and I am just really nervous about not hearing back and being left waiting until I lose hope. 

If there is anyone who can answer my questions and/or supply additional information, please do not hesitate to reply.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually, a month and a half is a good sign that your application was not accepted. Beyond that, it's essentially a wait-and-see game. Some employers don't send a rejection letter until several months after all the positions have been filled, so I wouldn't count on receiving one.

My suggestion? Keep applying, and make sure your resume is tailored to each position if possible. They may hire in waves, so just give it some time if you can.

^ Adding onto that, to put into perspective, I had a friend apply for HHN in Early August only to get accepted as a scare actor halfway through HHN for the last two weekends. Patience is a virtue! And good luck! I too may look into applying at USH soon.