Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 24, 2013
Ocean Trader Market
According to The Rock, him and imagineers are in talks to "re-imagine" all the Jungle Cruise attractions in Disney Parks.

Not sure how I feel about this. Hoping it goes nowhere, really.

I do wonder if this is BS in some weird publicity stunt type way... remember the weird beef he had with Vin Diesel about a year ago that may or may not have been made up to promote fast 8?

I know I'll be roasted by JC fans, but I've always thought the ride would be so much better if they did some action screen scenes (similar to the cat like creatures in Navii River Journey) in the tunnel near the end of the ride.....:)

As with pirates and haunted mansion the jungle cruise (besides the tired spiel) makes it possible to invent your own story. Unlike the Avatar boat ride there is enough given to let your fantasy loose.
Unfortunately the pirates movies were forced on the ride in a completely unnecessary way. I hope the Rock won't "movienice" the jungle cruise ride.

Didn't happen to Haunted Mansion or Tomorrowland. I doubt it'll happen here and expect the movie to be another big-budget live-action flop for Disney.

Not sure if a new thread should be started, but it's happening Walt Disney Imagineering Reveals Exciting Enhancements Coming to the Jungle Cruise - D23

So let’s talk about some of these changes…
We want to make sure that we take this as an opportunity, right? So as we look to clean up a lot of the challenges that we have in the attraction, we want to make sure we go in and add all the humor that Marc Davis gave it, all those years ago. Anything new we add will be in that tone. And for the first time, we are actually linking scenes together.

So if you think of the famous rhino pole scene, with the team of explorers who have somehow camped that night and then been run up the pole by the rhino and a group of other animals… that will really kick off the storyline. Did you ever wonder who those explorers were or where they came from? What’s their backstory? As part of the enhanced storyline, each one of them will have their own story and cultural heritage. There’s a birdwatcher, an entomologist, a wildlife painter, and a photographer, and each one will have a different reason for being on the expedition. And, of course, they did one of the things you’re never supposed to do, which is leave the boat. And one of the things we’re adding to the attraction is an animatronic skipper, who’s been chased up the pole by the rhino, along with the other explorers. They each have great personality, and I think our guests will connect with these characters in new ways. So we’re not really re-envisioning that scene, we’re just adding a narrative and storytelling to bring things to life and connect that moment with other happenings along the river.

Easter eggs from the film will be present, but the storyline will not be tied into it.

I'm completely okay with this. Improved AAs, a general refresh, and modernization is all good from my perspective.

Is the capacity down because they scrapped those two boats for use in show scenes?