Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom is without question my fave Dino-themed experience in Florida
I love Disney's Dinosaur ride. They recently updated it too so it finally has backgrounds in the scenes. Something that was in the original plans. It's looking beautiful now. That ride has great looking dinosaurs. Again, Goddard was right, you need to be able to control the lighting. And Disney doesn't have to worry about water or humidity from having an open air building either, so the dinos last a little longer without needing new skins.

It's funny, but I love the dino ride at Disney's, but prefer the themed land at Universal's. If only they could both have both be great.

Indoor All ages omnimover style ride with animatronics.

There ya go.
That would be great...I remember their being a rumored omnimover in the Discovery Center a few years back..Wish that would have happened..I know they were very interested in bringing the Gyrosphere ride to life

I'm still in the mine cart coaster boat

Uni,,,they hold the rights to 2 of the hottest properties going, Marvel and JP and they're not acting fast enough.

They hold the rights to Marvel, NOT Marvel Studios. Two very different things.

I love Disney's Dinosaur ride. They recently updated it too so it finally has backgrounds in the scenes. Something that was in the original plans. It's looking beautiful now. That ride has great looking dinosaurs. Again, Goddard was right, you need to be able to control the lighting. And Disney doesn't have to worry about water or humidity from having an open air building either, so the dinos last a little longer without needing new skins.

It's funny, but I love the dino ride at Disney's, but prefer the themed land at Universal's. If only they could both have both be great.

I'd agree if I hadn't been exposed to Indiana Jones first. That ruins Dinosaur for me.

They hold the rights to Marvel, NOT Marvel Studios. Two very different things.

I'd agree if I hadn't been exposed to Indiana Jones first. That ruins Dinosaur for me.

Theoretically, they could still do something with the Marvel IP, it just wouldn't be a proper MStudios based ride.

Well, atleast they get the right to promote it as Marvel.

That said, back onto JP..

Last edited:
Is the memorial plaque for a horticulturalist still in place in JP? It used to be opposite the entrance to burger diggs cashiers on the upper level.
Here now. Unfortunately I could not see a plaque outside upper level cashiers, nor inside...

JP the ride getting a makeover for JP 25th anniversary is still on AFAIK. Should get some entirely fresh AA's in the mix - not sure what else.

You have my attention!

giphy.gif

Some refreshed (and/or new) AAs are pretty much all the River Adventure needs, in my opinion. It's still a great ride.

I'm not a theme park insider by a long shot - but I do know some Jurassic happenings. I imagine some of those with the inside loop around here have heard something?

Unless I got my wires crossed and it's actually for the California park, but that would really surprise me.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Replace pteranodon flyers w a gyrosphere in the sky? They are very similar and it could be a new technologically advanced attraction just added to Jurassic park.

View attachment 4034 View attachment 4033

Replace pteranodon flyers w a gyrosphere in the sky? They are very similar and it could be a new technologically advanced attraction just added to Jurassic park.

I would think that you would have to replace the ride track and supports altogether, while creating a new type of ride vehicle, and that it can easily break makes me want to..question that.

Martin mentioned over on Magic that Universal has "grand plans" for Jurassic Park (as well as Marvel Super Hero Island). He said one island they're just taking sweet time with, and the other they understandably have a more long-term plan for. I'm guessing Jurassic Park is the one they're intentionally developing long-term since they have the additional movies coming out.

To say something, if they are going to keep the Jurassic Brand to two parks, with the both of them co-existing, it makes sense that they have plans.

You could technically explain it as "North Isla Nublar", and decay the theming more to be akin to Jurassic World, and then have the crisp and clean "South Isla Nublar" on the southern property. There are way's they can go, and that it could make theoretical sense on my pov. Plus, it'd allow them to keep River Adventure operational, with also allowing updates to it to help convey that feel of a broken down island in a sense.

A friend Insider said it best to me last week concerning what's coming up and why the backing away from attractions Universal signaled was coming soon (example SLOP). He said Universal Execs & Universal Creative are like kids in a candy store. They have so much to choose from that they change their minds on what to build from moment to moment.....So stay tuned. Same Bat time. Same Bat Channel. But programming is subject to change daily. :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.