Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gyrosphere was conducted on a different day. Seen the set pics no rigging whatsoever

That rigging was for the Pinewood stuff - I almost guarantee it was to hold a prop and/or camera to simulate something else, and won't be seen on screen. I'm sure some Gyrosphere action happened during the London shoots.

That rigging was for the Pinewood stuff - I almost guarantee it was to hold a prop and/or camera to simulate something else, and won't be seen on screen. I'm sure some Gyrosphere action happened during the London shoots.

Nope, Gyrosphere was done in Hawaii and was on a crane arm to do the motion. people already stated that it was too big for camera rigging and wouldn't work right.

If there is a roller coaster in Jurassic World would be expecting a clone of the ride or a clone of the ride where something goes terribly wrong?

If an SFX coaster is coming to Universal, that would be awesome.

Reactions: jseal777
If there is a roller coaster in Jurassic World would be expecting a clone of the ride or a clone of the ride where something goes terribly wrong?

If an SFX coaster is coming to Universal, that would be awesome.
I think it depends where this ride ends up going. If it goes into JP in IoA, I would think "something goes terribly wrong" because that fits the rest of the land.

If it's part of a JW land in the 3rd gate, it might be the original ride. JW might be differentiated to IoA's JP by being the completed idealized version of Jurassic Park.

I think it depends where this ride ends up going. If it goes into JP in IoA, I would think "something goes terribly wrong" because that fits the rest of the land.

If it's part of a JW land in the 3rd gate, it might be the original ride. JW might be differentiated to IoA's JP by being the completed idealized version of Jurassic Park.

This is my dream scenario. We get a completed "Park" to compliment the original in IOA, while the IOA version still gets a few upgrades (mostly updated AAs in River Adventure and maybe even a few more dinos throughout the park for photo ops).

Reactions: Mike S
This is my dream scenario. We get a completed "Park" to compliment the original in IOA, while the IOA version still gets a few upgrades (mostly updated AAs in River Adventure and maybe even a few more dinos throughout the park for photo ops).

Curious about this, as i think it could be so much better.

What upgrades are you referring too? The only thing in the last few years was the Stegasauras - es (sp?) getting spry-painted green. :/

Curious about this, as i think it could be so much better.

What upgrades are you referring too? The only thing in the last few years was the Stegasauras - es (sp?) getting spry-painted green. :/

We definitely need updated/refurbished dinos on river adventure and I would even go as far as to add *shudder* a screenz scene once you get inside the building. I don't think it'll happen, but if we are finally going to start getting some new stuff with the new franchise making so much money I would hope we get a little love in the original land as well.

The Jurassic park AA's last week barley moved. The brachiosaurus' head was tilted and moving up and down 3-4 inches, while the finale T-Rex was twitching. And as usual the raptors were just moving their heads. This ride needs a massive a upgrade. Hollywoods is much more over the top.

Reactions: Disneyhead
That movie set track it too involved to be simple track for filming.

Just wanted to point out B&M's track tester that they use on both regular track and inverted track
3380622397_66e336b3ba.jpg

I've always advocated tearing down JPRA and building a better Jurassic Park ride. JPRA takes up a ton of room (especially with its retention pond) and it's one water ride too many in that park. Plus, it's constantly in disrepair.

But, that's never going to happen. Some general placemaking and another smaller ride would work wonders though.

I've always advocated tearing down JPRA and building a better Jurassic Park ride. JPRA takes up a ton of room (especially with its retention pond) and it's one water ride too many in that park. Plus, it's constantly in disrepair.

But, that's never going to happen. Some general placemaking and another smaller ride would work wonders though.

Your argument definitely isn't without its merits, but I'd much rather see a massive refurb/overhaul of this ride rather than scrapping it. It's one of Universal's most impressive rides (IMO) in terms of immersion, practical effects, and the great drop at the end, just needs some massive TLC.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm unconvinced that the Universal Creative of 2017 would be able to top the River Adventure in terms of scale, pacing, and physicality. Unless they were to revive the Jeep Tours ride basically as it was designed, I just can't see a better "built for real" dinosaur concept than the River Adventure that could be plausibly constructed.

Refurb it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I once heard a rumor that the rumored overhaul for JP:RA would be announced sometime around the 25th anniversary of Jurassic Park, which is occurring on the 12th of June in 2018. I hope this is true, as I would love new animatronics for this attraction.

Screamscape is hearing now of the new animatronics coming along for Jurassic Park River Adventure.

Islands of Adventure
It is just a rumor at this point, but Screamscape has heard that Creature Technology may have been hired by Universal Orlando to make some more large scale animatronic creatures for them. Creature Technology was the group Universal hired to build the new giant Kong figure seen in the Skull Island attraction and if the rumors are true, the group could be working on building some new dinosaur figures for Islands of Adventure. I don't know if these are for something new, or if perhaps the time has come to upgrade the old figures in the River Adventure ride. With a new Jurassic World film coming out next year, the timing would be right to perhaps introduce some new dinosaur encounters into the ride.

Sounds like they're just guessing what Creature Technology was hired for... It could be just as likely they were hired to create Donkey Kong AAs for the Nintendo ride. Or even fantastic beasts for a new HP dark ride coaster. So no telling really.

Reactions: Mike S and Andysol
It is just a rumor at this point, but Screamscape has heard that Creature Technology may have been hired by Universal Orlando to make some more large scale animatronic creatures for them. Creature Technology was the group Universal hired to build the new giant Kong figure seen in the Skull Island attraction and if the rumors are true, the group could be working on building some new dinosaur figures for Islands of Adventure. I don't know if these are for something new, or if perhaps the time has come to upgrade the old figures in the River Adventure ride. With a new Jurassic World film coming out next year, the timing would be right to perhaps introduce some new dinosaur encounters into the ride.

Sounds like they're just guessing what Creature Technology was hired for... It could be just as likely they were hired to create Donkey Kong AAs for the Nintendo ride. Or even fantastic beasts for a new HP dark ride coaster. So no telling really.

Perhaps, although I did hear a while back of Jurassic Park in Hollywood being updated in the past; so who knows at this point.

If it's Jurassic Park, it's a welcome one at that to restore and update old animatronics while adding new animatronics to the void.

Or Universal is patterning with Creature for a multi-year, multi-project contract for all of it :drool:

Perhaps, although I did hear a while back of Jurassic Park in Hollywood being updated in the past; so who knows at this point.

If it's Jurassic Park, it's a welcome one at that to restore and update old animatronics while adding new animatronics to the void.
I wouldn't be surprised if new dinos are added to the ride. It would be great to time with the new sequel release. They acted too late last time so I can see them getting ahead of it this time.

I wonder if that's the best course of action against just outright buying them.
I've always wondered if Disney + Universal would want to get into a talent war like this.

Disney owns ILM. What would happen if Disney stopped letting ILM do projects outside of Disney?
Universal could buy Creature. What would happen if Creature could only do projects for Universal?

Status
Not open for further replies.