Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 824 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don’t know if this is possible if Jurassic park stays the same since we don’t know when Universal epic universe will start resume construction not until things improve with economy will the retheme to Jurassic world and update the river adventure plus update Pteranodon Flyers since the raptor encounter is already themed to Jurassic world I believe unless do you think it makes sense for universal Orlando to have two Jurassic themed lands in both IOA and EU when the park eventually opens sometime in the 2020’s. Reason I ask because I know their are already two Harry Potter lands at IOA and USF would they do the same with Jurassic park? And I’m guessing Jurassic world if it were to come and be retheme I’m curious if the gate arch will be renamed also this would all come after the veliocoaster opens next summer.

• Wow
Reactions: JoeCamel
Well I don’t know if this is possible if Jurassic park stays the same since we don’t know when Universal epic universe will start resume construction not until things improve with economy will the retheme to Jurassic world and update the river adventure plus update Pteranodon Flyers since the raptor encounter is already themed to Jurassic world I believe unless do you think it makes sense for universal Orlando to have two Jurassic themed lands in both IOA and EU when the park eventually opens sometime in the 2020’s. Reason I ask because I know their are already two Harry Potter lands at IOA and USF would they do the same with Jurassic park? And I’m guessing Jurassic world if it were to come and be retheme I’m curious if the gate arch will be renamed also this would all come after the veliocoaster opens next summer.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing Jurassic is or was coming to EU.

I guess it’s too late to take out King Kong now to put in a future Jurassic world attraction or two if that space could fit in two JW rides I mean a gyrosphere ride replacing Kong would be nice or or just updating the Kong ride to a Jeep safari ride will pteranodon flyers and the River adventure be replaced unless what if universal changes their mind we end up getting two Jurassic park themed lands at EU and IOA from a scale to 1 to 10 how likely is this?

• Haha
Reactions: JoeCamel
I guess it’s too late to take out King Kong now to put in a future Jurassic world attraction or two if that space could fit in two JW rides I mean a gyrosphere ride replacing Kong would be nice or or just updating the Kong ride to a Jeep safari ride will pteranodon flyers and the River adventure be replaced unless what if universal changes their mind we end up getting two Jurassic park themed lands at EU and IOA from a scale to 1 to 10 how likely is this?
About a 2.

I really don’t care if it’s Jurassic Park or Jurassic World or a bit of both.
Yea. It’s gonna be both for a bit.

Talking endlessly about theme integrity between the franchise in the park is like when we argued about how the Hogwarts Express train engine would turn around so it’s always facing forward before Diagon opened. In the end, it just drives backwards. And that’s fine.

Nooo don't close Kong, I just started liking it

So, zero chance of happening, but there was that concept art with kong that had a ton of JW Fallen Kingdom assets, maybe they at least thought of retheming?

I’m not too concerned about this having bad opening months like Hagrid’s did. JWVC is certainly a more powerful ride, but HMCMA is probably the most complex coaster in the world. 6/7 launches, 10 trains running simultaneously, two quick switch tracks, two drop tracks. This video came out a couple of days ago and reminded me of how crazy ambitious that ride is.

Considering that JWVC only has two —albeit much stronger launches— and operates as a continuous circuit, I can’t imagine the worst scenario being as unreliable as Hagrid’s. I totally get if they’re going to be committed to nailing the operations before they open this time around, though.

Yea. It’s gonna be both for a bit.

Talking endlessly about theme integrity between the franchise in the park is like when we argued about how the Hogwarts Express train engine would turn around so it’s always facing forward before Diagon opened. In the end, it just drives backwards. And that’s fine.

Yeah, and I know I’ve been one of the people going on about the theme, but when I think about it, why couldn’t JW just be a “mini-Land” inside JP? The lost continent has 2 mini lands (originally 3). Basically you have the coaster and raptor encounter as the JW section inside of the entire JP Land. I think they already made where JP starts more vague when they brought in Kong. I miss the 2nd arch by toon lagoon but Kong being there doesn’t bother me and still kinda fits within JP as should the Coaster.

Reactions: Alicia
Yeah, and I know I’ve been one of the people going on about the theme, but when I think about it, why couldn’t JW just be a “mini-Land” inside JP? The lost continent has 2 mini lands (originally 3). Basically you have the coaster and raptor encounter as the JW section inside of the entire JP Land. I think they already made where JP starts more vague when they brought in Kong. I miss the 2nd arch by toon lagoon but Kong being there doesn’t bother me and still kinda fits within JP as should the Coaster.
That’s essentially what they’ve done here. The pavement design connecting the coaster theming to the Raptor Encounter is a visual way to tie those JW based areas together. Plus, they have an opportunity to theme them waterfront to JW with a mini entry sign for the bypass bridge for anyone heading to the coaster area from Lost Continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.