Kongfrontation Questions | Inside Universal Forums

Kongfrontation Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 22, 2016
Keighley
Hey all.

I was looking into the history or Kongfrontation and it's given me a couple of questions you guys might be able to help with.

From the In Memoriam of Kongfrontation article, these two quotes left me wondering,

"So what became of the two huge Kong animatronics? Mostly unknown, but what is known is that the head of one of the Kongs lies under the track in the pitch black launched section of Revenge of the Mummy."

"Breakdowns were constant, and this eventually meant the reduction of the Kong Animatronic’s functionality (Kong was grouped into the lawsuit by Universal against Ride & Show Engineering over the failure of the Jaws ride to function after the Park opened)."

So my questions are:

1. I knew about the track, but is it true about the AA head? Any reason it's randomly there, or any evidence?
  2. I remember riding as a kid and feeling Kong's movements were incredible. What was the reduction from? How much more did the ride give?
Thanks all!

from the rumors i heard for you Kong question.Universal still has the full Kong and would rent it out to parties just like they did the hulk statue and iron man suit.Second going off a behind the scenes i watched. what had happened is during an early ride the ride stoped very hard and ended up breaking the leg of someone ride testing it.

I've been evaced off mummy from the turn table right before the launch. I was looking around like crazy and did not see anything of note under the launch.

from the rumors i heard for you Kong question.Universal still has the full Kong and would rent it out to parties just like they did the hulk statue and iron man suit.Second going off a behind the scenes i watched. what had happened is during an early ride the ride stoped very hard and ended up breaking the leg of someone ride testing it.

Wow, it was a lot more volatine? And I want that kind of party! Can't believe there's so little footage of the Hulk statue/Iron man suit - never mind the full AA! Would love to see it!

I've been evaced off mummy from the turn table right before the launch. I was looking around like crazy and did not see anything of note under the launch.

I really hope he's there!

Reactions: tankart150
The broken leg story is untrue from my knowledge as part of the USF opening team. There was however a leg broken on or near opening day on another USF attraction... which was not the result of a malfunction.

I don't think the KONG AA head is under or near the Mummy tracks that would'nt make sense just to put it there more like it got recycled or thrown into the Scrap pile as everything that was used in Kongfrontation went to an Auction and the other half got sold on Ebay like his fur and Construction helmets and drinking cups and keychains and Kong stuffed animal's there is really nothing left of Kongfrontation except the ride track on the ceiling and the Catwalk's but as for the two AA's I know one of them got destroyed and The other put in storage somewhere off Property and as for the Trams they got sold off one by one and some got scrapped...

I don't think the KONG AA head is under or near the Mummy tracks that would'nt make sense just to put it there more like it got recycled or thrown into the Scrap pile as everything that was used in Kongfrontation went to an Auction and the other half got sold on Ebay like his fur and Construction helmets and drinking cups and keychains and Kong stuffed animal's there is really nothing left of Kongfrontation except the ride track on the ceiling and the Catwalk's but as for the two AA's I know one of them got destroyed and The other put in storage somewhere off Property and as for the Trams they got sold off one by one and some got scrapped...

Thank you very much for the info! Never knew about the auction. Sounds like whatever is left is really out there.
I'm lucky enough to have one of the stuffed Kongs (needing batteries to roar!). Never knew they sold off his fur! Wow!

quote from in memoriam kongfrontation (So what became of the two huge Kong animatronics? Mostly unknown, but what is known is that the head of one of the Kongs lies under the track in the pitch black launched section of Revenge of the Mummy.)

Does anybody know exactly where (or have any photos) of the golden Kong statue that supposedly resides in Revenge of the Mummy's treasure room? I look around for it every time I'm on the ride and have never spotted it, but legend says it's in there somewhere.

And apropos of nothing in particular, here's some concept art for Kongfrontation that I'd never seen before...

kongfrontation05s1.jpg

Reactions: tankart150
Does anybody know exactly where (or have any photos) of the golden Kong statue that supposedly resides in Revenge of the Mummy's treasure room? I look around for it every time I'm on the ride and have never spotted it, but legend says it's in there somewhere.

And apropos of nothing in particular, here's some concept art for Kongfrontation that I'd never seen before...

kongfrontation05s1.jpg

It is on the left side of the treasure chamber slightly over one of the guard's shoulders. It took me a while to find it, but once you see it, it seems so obvious. Here's a link with a picture: Six "Easter Eggs" at the Universal Orlando Resort | TouringPlans.com Blog