Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Leaky Cauldron Reviews

My visit in September I had the pie sampler with salad and loved it, one of the better meals I've had in a theme park. Way better than FFB.

When we ate here, it was for breakfast.

No complaints about the breakfast food, but I really do not like paying that much for breakfast. We are glad we ate here and enjoyed the detail of the theme as well as the atmospher. We will have to try for lunch someday before make an opinion of the restaurant.

Does anyone know how the Leaky Cauldron works in relation to using the dining plan? My primary question, it says that you get one quick service meal with a drink, one snack and one additional drink. I know that butterbeer is considered a snack. When I order my entrée from the Leaky Cauldron, can I get one of the other drinks rather than a soda? For example, can I order a bangers sandwich then one of the Fizzy Orange drinks rather than a soda? Thanks in advance... trying to determine if the plan is worth it for a day or not.

Well if I remember correctly Leaky is classified as a sit down and not quick serve even though it is glorified quick serve.

For me the food here is mediocre at best and probably made worse by the lousy plastic crockery and cutlery.

Does anyone know how the Leaky Cauldron works in relation to using the dining plan? My primary question, it says that you get one quick service meal with a drink, one snack and one additional drink. I know that butterbeer is considered a snack. When I order my entrée from the Leaky Cauldron, can I get one of the other drinks rather than a soda? For example, can I order a bangers sandwich then one of the Fizzy Orange drinks rather than a soda? Thanks in advance... trying to determine if the plan is worth it for a day or not.

I really do not know the answer to your specific question, but from what I recall of Leaky ( and even three broomsticks) is that a drink is included in the price of the meal but there are no sodas in the Wizarding Worlds...I only did breakfast at Leaky, but I am pretty sure I recall there being one set price for each of the meals and that included a drink.

Ah - that's right! No soda! I know soda's are usually about 3 bucks but the wizarding world drinks are about 5. I didn't know if they would consider those as a drink with the entrée since Butterbeer is a "snack".

Leaky is considered a quick service meal. At breakfast you can get juice, coffee, or hot butterbeer included. At lunch included drinks are tea, lemonade, non alcoholic cider, or pumpkin juice. Specialty drinks like fizzy orange and butterbeer are considered snacks. If your entree is over $14 the meal plan is worth it, wait until you are at the register to decide.

Yeah, they suggested I use the meal plan for my meal there since it would have saved me money.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did the math for us and it looks like it would maybe save us a couple of bucks but nothing significant. If the other specialty drinks were included, it would be worth it. Since there will be three of us, dropping 30-40 on lunch seems steep even if it is The Leaky Cauldron. I think we may just decide when we get there.