Least Favorite Universal Queue | Inside Universal Forums

Least Favorite Universal Queue

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skold

Platinum Member
Feb 17, 2016
Title says it all. What's yours?

The HRRR thread reminded about this, and that is by far the worst for me. Switchbacks and that inane video over and over. And over. Yes i get it that anything in my pockets will fall out. Shut up please?

Minions is close, but the screens actually make it quite okay. We go in low-crowd times and once have actually just stood in the queue to watch all the shorts. Did the same at MiB, to see all of the "instructions". We came out and the locker time had expired and I had to explain to the attendant that we stayed behind to watch Doofus and Do-right. :p

Ripsaw Falls is up there as well; that last ramp downward makes me wants to bail on that one.

What say you?

I'd have to say Minions because the queue is basically nonexistent. Very small, not very well themed...but they just crammed it into an existing space so there's only so much they could do.

I'd throw Mummy in there too only because the lighting in there is so low it's kinda hard to see at times. Queue is fine besides that.

I'd have to say Minions because the queue is basically nonexistent. Very small, not very well themed...but they just crammed it into an existing space so there's only so much they could do.

I'd throw Mummy in there too only because the lighting in there is so low it's kinda hard to see at times. Queue is fine besides that.
Yes, Rocket is weak. I respectfully disagree on Mummy's queue. I enjoy it so much, that as long as there's not a real long line, I'll often forgo using my Hotel Express pass and go through the queue. Great theming & perfect mood, and I love the sound effects when you place your hand on the tomb. Not many bad queues at Universal. That's kind of their strength....Yes, DM outside is just basic, but I guess the films on the TV's are entertaining. But I can't confirm since I use Express for DM. Shrek's outside queue is also pretty basic. But if you count the pre show areas on DM and Shrek, which are really part of the queue, they're actually real good queues. Short of the flat rides & Rocket, I don't think there's a bad queue at Universal.....I don't think Disney's queues are as strong as Universal's , but they're pretty good for the most part. Spaceship Earth is mostly outside so it's weak. Soarin is super plain. Themed like an airport, but airports are boring too. Energy is weak. Living with the Land is weak. Journey into Imagination is plain. Primeval Whirl is poor. Tomorrowland Speedway is hot & smelly. Carousel of Progress is just basic queue line. People Mover is basic. Most flat rides are just basic. But just about all the other Disney queues are pretty decent.

Reactions: Joel and maroonmol
I think most of us can agree that HRRR, Shrek, DM, etc are all poor queues since they are just plain switchbacks. HRRR is the worst as it is very Six Flags feeling and in many regards worse than some Six Flags coasters queues. At least Shrek and DM have good pre-shows and fun posters to read. However, I will put a spin on this thread and go with what is the worst 'themed' queue.

My least favorite queue that has an obvious attempt at an immersive theme would be Jurassic park River Adventure. The videos do an ok job setting the story but aside from those videos there really isn't much else to see. It would be nice if they would take the old props from the Triceratops Encounter queue and use them here.

Yes, Rocket is weak. I respectfully disagree on Mummy's queue. I enjoy it so much, that as long as there's not a real long line, I'll often forgo using my Hotel Express pass and go through the queue. Great theming & perfect mood, and I love the sound effects when you place your hand on the tomb.

I don't mind all that (while also being a behind the scenes in a museum in NY? I don't know the storyline.) I just hate how dark it can be in there. Especially when you have to go up stairs.

I have actually used my phone light to get through the mummy queue when the crowds are smaller and you walk through quickly. I have watched many other guests walk into stuff.

The new Hulk queue. It's not bad but it's boring compared to what it used to be. There's an obvious story but it's only explained just as you're about to board and not in the 20mins before. Plus the metal detectors and locker system nightmare.

Reactions: TheGentTrent
The new Hulk queue. It's not bad but it's boring compared to what it used to be. There's an obvious story but it's only explained just as you're about to board and not in the 20mins before. Plus the metal detectors and locker system nightmare.

It's still 10X better than Dragon Challenge.

I forgot all about Dragon Challenge. That might be the worst. Poor locker situation, metal detectors, having to walk 50 mile long queue with what feels like minimal tie-ins to Potter...ugh it's terrible.

Haha - good stuff!

i love the Mummy queue as well. My favorite is the thing you touch to make an air cannon go off way up in the line. i love scaring people with that, and waving to the camera when i'm at that point. :D

i have never actually had to wait at Jurassic. Ever. Seems like it could be switchback hell, but surely the screens tell a good story?

And lmao about Soarin'. i'll listen to those HRRR idiots over and over before standing in that barren hall any day.

Reactions: maroonmol
The Simpsons Ride is easily the worst queue at Universal for me; I was stuck in there for 55 minutes on my last trip, and it was mind-numbing, despite the best efforts of the video. Some other queues may be even less themed, but I don't usually end up waiting very long in those.

Poseidon's Fury---hands down the worst.

Have to disagree with you on this one. I love the atmosphere inside there. Coupled with the incredible facade, it helps build up a sense of anticipation for the mysterious journey about to unfold. But then again, I'm a much bigger fan of that attraction than most!

Reactions: Joel
Title says it all. What's yours?

The HRRR thread reminded about this, and that is by far the worst for me. Switchbacks and that inane video over and over. And over. Yes i get it that anything in my pockets will fall out. Shut up please?

Minions is close, but the screens actually make it quite okay. We go in low-crowd times and once have actually just stood in the queue to watch all the shorts. Did the same at MiB, to see all of the "instructions". We came out and the locker time had expired and I had to explain to the attendant that we stayed behind to watch Doofus and Do-right. :p

Ripsaw Falls is up there as well; that last ramp downward makes me wants to bail on that one.

What say you?
Any queue line with Limp Bizkit playing in it is easily up for worst queue of all time

Otherwise, I think Poseidon's queue could use a video..You basically just stand there until your group moves ahead

I would also say Dudley could use some work

Ditto on Rip Ride Rockit and Hulk. Boring, humid, barely themed lines with minute long videos that get old very quickly and the waits are torture once you factor in Express. Add in the fact that you can't use your cell phone while waiting and it's clear who the real losers are here.

The Simpson's que is one of my absolute favorites, especially once you get into the first loading room with the carnival games... I'm a huge Simpson's nerd so I love all the videos in the lines... I only hate when I you're in a space with no tv nearby.

The worst is OBVIOUSLY HRRR.... Oh my god... It doesn't help that my first time I road that there was both vomit and feces in the line, and the most recent time the 45 minute posted wait turned into a 2 hour wait. The video is way too short for how long that line is and it's oh so painful... They really should update the music on HRRR.

I came to this thread thinking HRRR, and after reading everyone's responses so far, I'll stick to that answer. It's not only the queue, but the lack of story that adds to the queue being uninspiring.