least intense/jerky rides ? | Inside Universal Forums

least intense/jerky rides ?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 5, 2016
Hello everyone :) I'm going to Universal Studios soon and am trying to get a good idea of what rides I might be able to ride. I'm in a power wheelchair full-time due to significant generalized muscle weakness. I will have an attendant with me who can help me transfer -- I realize that all rides besides the studio tour and Shrek 4D are not accessible to a wheelchair on the ride (though shows of course are).  Because of my condition, though, I avoid rides that are jerky or that have wild, fast movement. My attendant can put his arm around me for extra stabilization, and I've done fine on rides like Radiator Spring Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and Pirates of the Caribbean. I wouldn't want anything wilder than that, though, I don't think. If you guys could give me an idea of any rides that fit that description that'd be awesome. :) Thanks and advance!!! 

Hi, welcome to the forums!

If you're looking for attractions that are less intense, I would suggest rides like Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem and The Simpsons Ride, which are both relatively tame simulators. There are also family friendly rides like Silly Swirly, which is essentially the equivalent to Dumbo the Flying Elephant at DLR, and Flight of the Hippogriff, which is a mild family coaster similar to Gadget's Go Coaster (also at DLR). I would try to avoid attractions like Revenge of the Mummy, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and possibly Transformers: The Ride - 3D. The former is a fairly intense indoor coaster involving sudden stops and backward movement, while the two latter attractions are the more intense simulators in the park. Jurassic Park: The Ride is something I'd look into more because, while being pretty calm for the most part, it concludes in an 84-ft drop. The drop is far more intense than what's found on Pirates of the Caribbean, so I would skip out on this one just to stay safe. 

Aside from that, you can also experience The Walking Dead Attraction if you aren't opposed to something on the scarier side. You'll be able to stay in your wheelchair for the duration of the attraction, but keep in mind that you'll be in close quarters with scare actors while going through the walkthrough.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: BernardMesa