Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Limited run Adult-Only area at Typhoon Lagoon

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
It’s only available from the 26th-31st. No idea if this is just an addition for holiday crowds or a test, but given that it’s December and TL isn’t gonna hit capacity, it sounds like a test to me.

This is an excerpt about it from Magic:
From December 26 to December 31 2018, Adult Cove will offer food and beverage service at Hammerhead Fred's Bar, live music and TVs. Guests will need to be 18 or older to enter the area.

This was rumored as a post-refurb change, albeit more "only adults encouraged" rather than "adults only." Very high on this idea--the adults only area on DCL is fantastic--but curious to see if actually enforced.

Checked it out today. No clear demarcation, but it's basically the paved (sanded?) over area that used to be Shark Reef. Only two signs up, basically enforced on the honor system, although I saw a couple guests with kids avoid the area even on this slow day.

They will have live entertainment from 1-4; today's was a mostly Buffet cover artist with a surprisingly large local following, fairly talented. There is also a TV over the bar, but 7 management types couldn't get it work. Goal is to show the football games this upcoming NYE weekend, apparently that's a top guest request.

It's calm and relaxing--again, aided today by the lack of a crowd overall. Not words one typically associates with a Disney park. Hoping the refurb sees a but more demarcation--maybe not a fence, but some small rockwork would be nice--and a more permanent stage. Volcano Bay and Margaritaville seem to have the Mouse shook, but I think this is a positive response and a not expensive move in the right direction.

Checked it out today. No clear demarcation, but it's basically the paved (sanded?) over area that used to be Shark Reef. Only two signs up, basically enforced on the honor system, although I saw a couple guests with kids avoid the area even on this slow day.

They will have live entertainment from 1-4; today's was a mostly Buffet cover artist with a surprisingly large local following, fairly talented. There is also a TV over the bar, but 7 management types couldn't get it work. Goal is to show the football games this upcoming NYE weekend, apparently that's a top guest request.

It's calm and relaxing--again, aided today by the lack of a crowd overall. Not words one typically associates with a Disney park. Hoping the refurb sees a but more demarcation--maybe not a fence, but some small rockwork would be nice--and a more permanent stage. Volcano Bay and Margaritaville seem to have the Mouse shook, but I think this is a positive response and a not expensive move in the right direction.

So no unclothed mommy bloggers then