Live Theatre / Musicals | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Live Theatre / Musicals

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully BOTH this & Aladdin get released on Disney+ soon.
1000009528.jpg
1000009530.jpg
Not sure why they'd be worried about the filmed version hindering ticket sales for Broadway's Aladdin considering they've got Hamilton on Disney+ & the theatre still fills up for that!

I know London's revival of Titanic was filmed & currently on BroadwayHD, but from the trailer, I noticed right away it isn't even close to the original Broadway staging. That's disappointing.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Hopefully BOTH this & Aladdin get released on Disney+ soon.
View attachment 20674
View attachment 20675
Not sure why they'd be worried about the filmed version hindering ticket sales for Broadway's Aladdin considering they've got Hamilton on Disney+ & the theatre still fills up for that!

I know London's revival of Titanic was filmed & currently on BroadwayHD, but from the trailer, I noticed right away it isn't even close to the original Broadway staging. That's disappointing.
Hamilton is better than Aladdin, that’s why.

However I overall agree, to make Broadway more accessible this simply is the course of action. Having never seen the musical version of frozen, I will surely check this out!

It’s still a fantastic production and worth watching. Getting rid of the tech surrounding the ship allows the performances, and moreso the book and libretto, to really shine. It really shows how good the SHOW is, and opens up avenues for more local productions as it demonstrates how to pull off the show without a million dollar set. The sinking isn’t a spectacle, but is emotionally riveting.

In other news, Dr. Phillips High School was selected to produce Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

That's why I wish the original Broadway production of Titanic had been filmed. But I do still plan on watching this one because I love the soundtrack!
Hamilton is better than Aladdin, that’s why.
Oof. Disagree. Although I prefer "spectacle" over whatever Hamilton falls under.

Plus I'm just happy that when Aladdin was at Pantages (pre-covid), the title role was the original Broadway actor & it was his final performance in the role.

Speaking of Disney Broadway, apparently Beauty & the Beast is making a comeback. Unfortunately not the original production, so I'm not interested. Instead of the awful live-action movie, I wish they had just filmed the stage production like they had originally planned years ago.

Decent lineup.

Kimberly Akimbo underwhelmed me at best and pissed me off at worst. No idea what people see in this beyond "trauma!!"
Back to the Future is an entertaining retelling of the film - nothing more, nothing less - but I worry that it's going to struggle to execute the same scope of immersive effects on tour.
Shucked is great and perfect for touring. Will be seeing this again.
A Beautiful Noise... not my thing, but I'll maybe catch it if there's a lottery, rush, or I can otherwise snag cheap tickets.
Some Like It Hot is excellent and already under-appreciated. Should translate nicely to a touring production. Don't miss it.
Potter... I'd see it again, but similar to BTTF, concerned about how it's going to translate to a touring house. With a 4-month run, though, I guess they could do some heavy customization if they wanted...

Wicked and Hamilton kind of holding the season down as the true anchors, IMO.

Reactions: kristenabelle
I'd see BTTF, but wouldn't mind a filmed release of the Broadway production since I won't be going to NY anytime soon (besides, without Phantom I'm just kinda "meh")

Potter... at least it's not split into 2 shows anymore, but the plot is still trash. I'd see it for the effects. Otherwise I'm content with Frog Choir & Tri-Wiz at Universal for my live-entertainment void

Hamilton saw it once. No need to see it again except for on Disney+ (although I'd just watch Newsies instead)

Wicked is... well at least it's not the movie

I could RAVE about the set design and sprawling nature of the experience for days. Excruciatingly detailed, meticulously themed and I was still finding new corners to explore up until the very last seconds. As a haunt person, I knew I wasn't in for an overtly frightening experience, but the atmosphere was so incredibly effective and chilling, it definitely transported me for the duration of my time.

Even after my second visit I was still finding new rooms, things to look at, and experiences. SNM is excess in the best ways that makes returning visit after visit very rewarding, opposed to say a highly optimized personal experience (looks at Star Cruiser).

Kimberly Akimbo underwhelmed me at best and pissed me off at worst. No idea what people see in this beyond "trauma!!"
I don't get the love for the show based on everything I've seen, too.
Shucked is great and perfect for touring. Will be seeing this again.
Shucked is going to kill doing the tour, it'll be the new Book of Mormon.

Anyway because I'm me... enjoy...

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
This looks like a good coffee spot, what do you all think?

This looks like a good coffee spot, what do you all think?

That's a nice looking espresso they have featured on their menu!

Oh yes, my body is ready. Had a chance to check out Conwell Coffee Hall on my most recent NYC trip, and it is a treat.
Any specific recommendations?

Also given the thread, I'm pouring one out for Spamalot. That cast had so much fun and was so talented that I could watch them do that show a dozen times if it stayed up.

Any specific recommendations?

Also given the thread, I'm pouring one out for Spamalot. That cast had so much fun and was so talented that I could watch them do that show a dozen times if it stayed up.

The soups are great. I also loved the fluffy French Toast.

Also, it sounds like Life and Trust is closer to public previews than we thought...