Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

LucasFilm Games

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Bethesda has officially announced, that with Machine Games, the makers of the recent Wolfenstein titles--that they have entered into a collaboration with Lucasfilm that will see the release, of a project within the Indiana Jones universe.

No details on if the title will be an XBOX exclusive, and no release date has been officially given.

An Indiana Jones game could be cool, but it needs to make sure that it differentiates itself from Uncharted. I know Uncharted basically ripped off Indy, but Uncharted has been the Indy of video games for 15 years and Indy hasn't had a quality product since 1989. So while it may be the original, it's moving into a space that has something like this already.

An open-world SW game could be really cool. But with Ubisoft i'm worried, and on top of that, does this mean we won't be getting Jedi Fallen Order 2? Or maybe Star Wars didn't sign an exclusive contract this time and they'll be able to do JFO 2 with EA (Squadrons was pretty good, too) and the Open world game with Ubisoft.

and on top of that, does this mean we won't be getting Jedi Fallen Order 2? Or maybe Star Wars didn't sign an exclusive contract this time and they'll be able to do JFO 2 with EA (Squadrons was pretty good, too) and the Open world game with Ubisoft.

I believe it was mentioned that EA is still working with Lucasfilm on future SW games so there's a good shot for Jedi Fallen Order 2.

What a year its been for Star Wars....First the Clone Wars ending kills it, Mando Season 2 is loved by pretty much everyone and is the biggest show of last year, then we get 8 tv show announcements, The High Republic books come out and now we hear about good studios getting to work on Star Wars and an Indy game....god dam yes

An open-world SW game could be really cool. But with Ubisoft i'm worried, and on top of that, does this mean we won't be getting Jedi Fallen Order 2? Or maybe Star Wars didn't sign an exclusive contract this time and they'll be able to do JFO 2 with EA (Squadrons was pretty good, too) and the Open world game with Ubisoft.

I assume EA will continue to have the license, they just won't continue to have the exclusive license.

I assume EA will continue to have the license, they just won't continue to have the exclusive license.
Disney:
tenor.gif

Ubisoft's developer on the project is the Massive, the team that created the 2 games for the Division-large open world 3rd person shooters with focus on special abilities and MMO-like elements.

I'M SO EXCITED!

Jason Schrier has confirmed that Fallen Order 2 is still actively in development.

As happy as I am that Lucasfilm isn't specifically tangled with EA anymore, it does kinda seem like a monkeys paw situation that we'd end up with Ubisoft and Bethesda as our first known alternatives out of all the companies that it could have been.
Hopefully the games arent as shallow and full of microtransactions as some of their other games.

As happy as I am that Lucasfilm isn't specifically tangled with EA anymore, it does kinda seem like a monkeys paw situation that we'd end up with Ubisoft and Bethesda as our first known alternatives out of all the companies that it could have been.
Hopefully the games arent as shallow and full of microtransactions as some of their other games.
Who would you like to see them work with? Thing is, I don't see Disney working with anyone that isn't big and can offer a lot of money and have a wide audience (which is why I don't see the Indy game being Xbox exclusive). Pretty much all of the big companies suck, except for Sony Interactive, and even then, they have workplace issues that I have issues with. Although an Open world Star Wars game sort of in the vein of PS Spider-Man could be cool.

Indy game is being made by Machinegames, which is one of Bethesda’s better developers. Both the Wolfenstein games were great.

I merged the Indy and SW thread together to a renamed LucasFilm Games thread as Disney just announced a rebranding the other day and it seems like they have a lot in the pipeline right now. It also helps keeping this to a singular thread rather than having multiple threads.

Who would you like to see them work with? Thing is, I don't see Disney working with anyone that isn't big and can offer a lot of money and have a wide audience (which is why I don't see the Indy game being Xbox exclusive). Pretty much all of the big companies suck, except for Sony Interactive, and even then, they have workplace issues that I have issues with. Although an Open world Star Wars game sort of in the vein of PS Spider-Man could be cool.
I mean I mostly just miss LucasArts
So far they really haven't given much good reason for why they had to dissolve it in favor of the current path, but thats kinda old news at this point. Realistically they'd probably never work with small studios now, as much as that would probably have been better.

I mean I mostly just miss LucasArts
So far they really haven't given much good reason for why they had to dissolve it in favor of the current path, but thats kinda old news at this point. Realistically they'd probably never work with small studios now, as much as that would probably have been better.
The reason is obvious: Disney doesn't want to spend the money to make games. They want to license out their IPs and not have to do any of the work.

I love how Yoda and obi wan hide for years

when they had an army of Jedi still, lol

I was hoping for more of a crew in this game but looks like Cal is still just alone