Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom Cabanas

Part of my post was that they need to do away with the tents. Putting in a permanent building that blends in with the area. The location I had in mind was the small island in the middle of the bridge going into Tomorrowland. I think that might cause an obstruction for some of the restaurant but I'm not sure.
Idk, if they are going to have these, i'd much prefer they be tucked away somewhere than starring right in my face. Where they are now, I can almost live with (if they were more permanent looking). The only time you see them is when you head down to SM... you don't see them from anywhere else in TL even.

Idk, if they are going to have these, i'd much prefer they be tucked away somewhere than starring right in my face. Where they are now, I can almost live with (if they were more permanent looking). The only time you see them is when you head down to SM... you don't see them from anywhere else in TL even.

Hmmmm.... Tents, now where would I put tents? There is TSI????? Tents - Camping = New event???

Part of my post was that they need to do away with the tents. Putting in a permanent building that blends in with the area. The location I had in mind was the small island in the middle of the bridge going into Tomorrowland. I think that might cause an obstruction for some of the restaurant but I'm not sure.
What about the old space mountain arcade building?

Went to the Magic Kingdom over the weekend and they still had the cabanas set up in Tomorrowland. I thought they already ended this program? Didn't look like they were being used at all. They also look pretty terrible from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover.

Went to the Magic Kingdom over the weekend and they still had the cabanas set up in Tomorrowland. I thought they already ended this program? Didn't look like they were being used at all. They also look pretty terrible from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover.
Maybe they're keeping them up as demonstrations while they work on the permanent ones?

It is ending, but not until sometime around mid-February.

So I heard from a reliable source the other day that the reason for the removal of these was inappropriate behavior by one male guest who had two female guests in his cabana and things got a little "un-Disney like". Apparently management never considered that this was a possibility in the park. But if you have that kind of money to spend on a cabana I guess it's true:

So I heard from a reliable source the other day that the reason for the removal of these was inappropriate behavior by one male guest who had two female guests in his cabana and things got a little "un-Disney like". Apparently management never considered that this was a possibility in the park. But if you have that kind of money to spend on a cabana I guess it's true:

My question is how would they know unless they had people walk by and see the activity or CCTV.

I just changed my mind. Now, I like the idea of Cabanas at the Magic Kingdom. Truly puts the feeling into Magic. :peace:Sign me up for one. ;)

I just changed my mind. Now, I like the idea of Cabanas at the Magic Kingdom. Truly puts the feeling into Magic. :peace:Sign me up for one. ;)

Only if they come with princesses.... I want documentation of the reason. My feeling is no one wanted an unthemed, non-air conditioned space for $600 when they could be enjoying the parks but I don't know if the "reason" is true or not. Sounds far fetched to me

This rumor spread around Twitter awhile ago, not sure how much stock I put into it, but maybe your source is right.