Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

On the latest Disney Dish episode, Jim Hill essentially confirms (if we can believe him...) that Disney is actively looking to change "problematic" attractions at Magic Kingdom, particularly Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, and Peter Pan.

Make of that what you will. I just hope they don't screw it up if this stuff pans out.

Peter Pan is easy. Small tweaks to mostly one scene and honestly it won’t make much of a difference as a rider.

I think HoP and CBJ are far more susceptible to bite the dust, however.

Just give Country Bear a Muppet twist and turn it into “Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Jamboree.” You can keep a couple of the characters that fit Emmett Otter’s world (specifically Henry and the Sun Bonnet trio), add some Muppet zaniness (Fozzie and Piggy, especially), bring in some newer country classics that don’t fully date the show as a try hard experience (“Friends in Low Places,” “Jolene,” “Country Roads, Take Me Home,” “Ring of Fire,” “Man, I Feel Like Woman,” etc). Add some fun Disney cameos (Grace and Buck from Home on the Range and the song, “Will the Sun Ever Shine Again,” Jessie and Bullseye), and you keep the heart of CBJ in a much more high-energy show.

Christ, I want Emmett Otter’s Jug-band to do Country Roads so bad now.

The show as is is more dated than offensive. It’s offensiveness is more in how lazy it feels now. It needs a severe revamp anyway.

I was actually thinking about this earlier as it’s got a real “Dixie” vibe to it and honestly idk that the show currently attracts a ton of people. They already chopped half of the show out a few years ago because people weren’t attending.

It could be a situation of poor attendance + Questionable content = (Insert IP Here) retheme.

catching up on things, haven't thought about any theme park in the last few (very busy) years. CBJ is not a PC attraction in 2020, the Dixie theme is too much in this day and age (imho). This is coming from someone that never really understood how Mr Toad was 'kid friendly' lot alone PC minded.

CP and Energy Adventure are the two rides on which I felt trapped and as if in a nightmare. Walt Disney would be mortified that it is still up and running in a park bearing his name. (if he was still alive at 119 years old and running things in 2020)

I do not know why folks think (or would like) what Disney had to say or would do. He would make a movie like Song of the South for a reason, he would have visitors float down waterways with real hippos, e were fortunate he had people/brothers to keep him somewhat grounded no?

There is always Plan B.

il_fullxfull.1517287156_321n_2048x.jpg

cool what about 1K each to make up for lost revenue. I'll start saving for I bet I can get 5K on Ebay.

(I do kid)

I really came here for the news last night showed the MK castle and I was shocked at how Blue the torrents or whatever looked. I have not been to WDW is a long time.

I believe I know someone who went to Animal Kingdom yesterday, but I am not very social these days in a lot of ways, but I imagine my wife has quickly become a Disney fan if one must pick sides in some silly fan based made up theme park war ;-)

EDIT: forgot to talk about blood on the saddle or the female named Dixie being objectified...but I always enjoyed the ho down/square dance feel where those bears did have everyone tapping out a beat by the time they left the theater!

2nd edit. I do not know if it is beat or beet I mean what is beat less oh those were the beatles.

Wait.... there’s a MK logo in front of the park?!?!? Wow

On the latest Disney Dish episode, Jim Hill essentially confirms (if we can believe him...) that Disney is actively looking to change "problematic" attractions at Magic Kingdom, particularly Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, and Peter Pan.

Make of that what you will. I just hope they don't screw it up if this stuff pans out.

I didn’t hear him say that, or at least didn’t hear him say THOSE attractions.

Not that I'm a proponent for losing the HoP (quite the opposite actually), could they take it out and then extend Peter Pan to make it a much better ride? I know that costs money, which Disney doesn't like spending, but they could fix Pan with a better overall ride and maybe increase its capacity by changing out the ride system.

Not that I'm a proponent for losing the HoP (quite the opposite actually), could they take it out and then extend Peter Pan to make it a much better ride? I know that costs money, which Disney doesn't like spending, but they could fix Pan with a better overall ride and maybe increase its capacity by changing out the ride system.
Problematic politically correct is the least of WDW Peter Pan's issues. The ride is just living off it's reputation and really needs a substantial overhaul. Disney did a great job on the new queue a few years back, and it's head & shoulders better than the ride itself.

MK needs additions not replacements, although a year out I’m very disappointed at how half baked the 50th feels. Space should have went down last year to prepare, and there should have been one or 2 attractions down at any one point getting a genuine spruce up / upgrade In preparation. Looks like we’re getting nothing.

I think they were going for the antique/faded look

I mean, could be a giant cake

I don't hate it.. don't love it either. The pink would look better if lighter. But that Florida sun will do the trick eventually.
I guess that's why the colors are so bold, so it'll fade a bit over time and look how they want it to.
But it's a nice change.

MK needs additions not replacements, although a year out I’m very disappointed at how half baked the 50th feels. Space should have went down last year to prepare, and there should have been one or 2 attractions down at any one point getting a genuine spruce up / upgrade In preparation. Looks like we’re getting nothing.

Yeah, and even pre-pandemic, it sounded like basically TRON was the extent of what was happening for the 50th.

We may not have listened to the same episode, then. He absolutely name-dropped them in the one I listened to, along with The American Adventure. And the WDW Railroad village scene.

Since it’s a morning drop I get ready in the morning to it and might have missed it. Just re-listened and you’re right.

I’ll just say I don’t trust Jim’s list if it doesn’t include the Jungle Cruise.

Since it’s a morning drop I get ready in the morning to it and might have missed it. Just re-listened and you’re right.

I’ll just say I don’t trust Jim’s list if it doesn’t include the Jungle Cruise.

Any initiative like this that's targeting Country Bears and The American Adventure before Jungle Cruise is not one I trust.

Rumor from WDW Pro over on Magic (who has been fairly reliable) is saying that a new Hall of Presidents show done by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Weird Al is in the works.

Disney is supposedly willing to invest in changing this as it would be more timeless and they would no longer have to change it after every time a new President is elected.

Rumor from WDW Pro over on Magic (who has been fairly reliable) is saying that a new Hall of Presidents show done by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Weird Al is in the works.

Disney is supposedly willing to invest in changing this as it would be more timeless and they would no longer have to change it after every time a new President is elected.
File this one as so strange, it must be true.

I don’t believe it at all.

This rumor makes near perfect sense. With a new election coming up, and a possible change, it will take the problematic polar politics out of the equation, and Miranda, due to Hamilton, seems a natural.
This attraction no longer is a 'must see' show, so a refresh would really help.

That's bonkers.

I might not be opposed to it, provided they don't turn the entire thing into a goofy parody.