Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Making Homemade HHN Pizza Fries

Apr 18, 2018
Ok I really don’t think this deserves it’s own thread, however, I don’t know where else to put it, and, in the off chance anyone else is as obscenely bored as I am I thought I’d share with the class some pizza fries making tips.

So if you’re nostalgic and you wanna make your own pizza fries here’s what I’ve learned from my first attempt today...

* Depending on how many people you’re quarantined with a whole bag of fries is A LOT so prepare for left overs if you’re making the whole bag.

* I ordered the Rao’s Pizza Sauce and one jar for the whole bag was NOT enough-definitely get at least 2 if you like your fries saucy.

* A log of fresh mozzarella is great but it makes it super chonky and messy-I flung crumbs everywhere today from mozzarella stretches-so I’m thinking the shredded mozzarella could be better.

* I cooked the fries on their own for 10 minutes and an extra 8 once I added the toppings (sauce, pepperoni, browned sausage + cheeses) but 8 didn’t brown them enough, it did melt the fresh mozzarella nicely though.

I’m gonna try this again-but switch it up a little-when Shipt gets crinkle cut Ore Ida’s back in stock, so if, like, 1 person cares I’ll update this with my future findings.

NGwLsTD.gif

Funny enough I have never had Pizza Fries or Twisted Taters. Does that make me not a real HHN fan? :dance:

(BTW, I hate to be nosy but where is your avatar from? Bugging me for some reason.)

Funny enough I have never had Pizza Fries or Twisted Taters. Does that make me not a real HHN fan? :dance:

(BTW, I hate to be nosy but where is your avatar from? Bugging me for some reason.)

1. To me, there’s no such thing as “real” HHN fans. Whether you’ve been since year one or last year or haven’t been yet or been in every house or been in one-if you like it, and wanna call yourself a fan, that’s cool with me. I’ve only tried Twisted Tators in their Salt & Vinegar form which was too salty for me, so I recommend the pizza fries.

2. It’s from Midsommar.
N8XhOkH.gif

Ok I really don’t think this deserves it’s own thread, however, I don’t know where else to put it, and, in the off chance anyone else is as obscenely bored as I am I thought I’d share with the class some pizza fries making tips.

So if you’re nostalgic and you wanna make your own pizza fries here’s what I’ve learned from my first attempt today...

* Depending on how many people you’re quarantined with a whole bag of fries is A LOT so prepare for left overs if you’re making the whole bag.

* I ordered the Rao’s Pizza Sauce and one jar for the whole bag was NOT enough-definitely get at least 2 if you like your fries saucy.

* A log of fresh mozzarella is great but it makes it super chonky and messy-I flung crumbs everywhere today from mozzarella stretches-so I’m thinking the shredded mozzarella could be better.

* I cooked the fries on their own for 10 minutes and an extra 8 once I added the toppings (sauce, pepperoni, browned sausage + cheeses) but 8 didn’t brown them enough, it did melt the fresh mozzarella nicely though.

I’m gonna try this again-but switch it up a little-when Shipt gets crinkle cut Ore Ida’s back in stock, so if, like, 1 person cares I’ll update this with my future findings.

NGwLsTD.gif
This is such a great idea, I think I'm going to try making these tonight! Without the sausage tho I think I have some Roni. Good call!

NGwLsTD.gif

Rao's sauce is so good.

But, lets take this up a notch.

Joe's Home Made Pizza Fries
Ingredients
-Bag of crinkle cut fries
-Italian sausage (spicy or sweet, your call)
-Pepperoni
-Low Moisture Mozz (aka the stuff in a brick for pizza not the good stuff in a ball for caprese salads)
-Pizza Sauce (or make your own!)
-Italian seasoning (in your grocery aisle, otherwise make your own)
-Onion Powder
-Garlic Powder
-Salt & Pep

Check bag for cooking directions of fries. Set oven to temp.

Using your end baking dish of choice (the one when all assembled) and portion out one serving of fries (or as many as you want to make). Put on a baking sheet and cook to manufacturer's directions.

While the oven is cooking cook italian sausage on a grill or in a pan till done (160* inside) with browning on sides. Set aside and let cool. Cut sausage into 1/2" ring then cut those into quarters.

Grate enough mozz to cover top of end baking dish, about 1 cup.

Combine 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning with 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir and set aside.

Once fries are done take out and place into a bowl. Toss with the mixed seasoning. Set aside.

Turn the oven onto high broil and set the oven rack to the topmost position, make sure the end baking dish has clearance.

In the end baking dish place a layer of pizza sauce on the bottom. Using tongs or your hands place the fries into the dish. Place pepperoni and sausage on top. Then cover with grated low moisture mozz. Place into the broiler, let cook for at least 3 minutes and keep checking till cheese top is blistering with dark spots.

Remove from oven, turn off the oven, let cool for five minutes. Eat out of the container.

Low Moisture Mozz (aka the stuff in a brick for pizza not the good stuff in a ball for caprese salads)

I feel like this is where I really went wrong, it was good but too heavy. I’m gonna try your recipe for it though, it sounds better.

Ya I couldn't get all the ingredients necessary so I just made cheesy fries. Going once the stores are more stalked to make these :) now only to figure out how to make green eggs and ham tots...

Totalyl forgot to take a picture but I made Pizza tots y'all! Just used Pepperoni and no sausage, mozzarerlla, added in some pizza cheese mix I had from market basket, a tomato sauce that was Stonewall Kitchen (went fancy on this shizz) and Tots were some generic frozen brand, I honestly don't remember. Tots were not super crunchy tbh, and the cheese was a tad burnt so I ultimately don't think I layered it super properly or just added to much cheese lol. If the Tots were crispier it would've been easier to eat but I mean this was still an awesome meal. I think I have enough to make them again so will definitely add a pic next time! Sadly there's none left for me to show. Id recommend though not being afraid to over cook these a little to make sure the Tots are crispy enough so everything sticks together just a tiny bit more but, its always gonna be messy.

Totalyl forgot to take a picture but I made Pizza tots y'all! Just used Pepperoni and no sausage, mozzarerlla, added in some pizza cheese mix I had from market basket, a tomato sauce that was Stonewall Kitchen (went fancy on this shizz) and Tots were some generic frozen brand, I honestly don't remember. Tots were not super crunchy tbh, and the cheese was a tad burnt so I ultimately don't think I layered it super properly or just added to much cheese lol. If the Tots were crispier it would've been easier to eat but I mean this was still an awesome meal. I think I have enough to make them again so will definitely add a pic next time! Sadly there's none left for me to show. Id recommend though not being afraid to over cook these a little to make sure the Tots are crispy enough so everything sticks together just a tiny bit more but, its always gonna be messy.
How about if you cook the tots some first then add the good stuff?