Manta | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love flyers and this is a great idea for seaworld, great theme idea and scary as heck splash effect.

Even though I live near Magic Mountain, I have yet to ride a flyer.
(I regret to admit I was too chicken to ride Tatsu last time i went to Magic Mountain:p)

i was very nervous the first time i rode sheikra...but then the next time i went i rode it like 12 times in a row until i got dizzy. man i love going when everyones in school to busch or seaworld!!!

Well the name "Manta" has been tagged for a trademark by AB as "a new amusement ride". Looks like its all but officially confirmed that SeaWorld will be getting the flyer coaster.

They also trademarked the name Lost Cay, which could end up being the themed area surrounding the coaster:

manta.jpg

lostcay.jpg

they have flyers that sit up? is that what kraken would be? since your feet dangle? I hope it is a lying down coaster. It would be something new in FLA.

I think Manta or Manta Ray is a cool name if it is a flyer based to look like a sting ray. Atleast it is not called the Tampa Bay Devil Ray!

they have flyers that sit up? is that what kraken would be? since your feet dangle? I hope it is a lying down coaster. It would be something new in FLA.

I think Manta or Manta Ray is a cool name if it is a flyer based to look like a sting ray. Atleast it is not called the Tampa Bay Devil Ray!

A suspeneded coaster train is a flying one in upright position, thats how you board.

well you kinda answered the question above. Do they also have one where you are laying completely down? I think that would be more fun than a seat.

so this is the style we are getting then? I kinda thought it would be cooler...that looks kinda lame to me right now...not sure why.

Looks good. I really wanted to ride Superman: Ultimate Flight as well as the Georgia Scorcher (Scorcher is a stand-up coaster) were two rides I really wanted to do, but the other people I was with didn't want to. :'(

well you kinda answered the question above. Do they also have one where you are laying completely down? I think that would be more fun than a seat.

so this is the style we are getting then? I kinda thought it would be cooler...that looks kinda lame to me right now...not sure why.

Batwing is half laydown half like this. It's awesome. It's at grat america in DC.

batwing5.jpg

Yeah, the flying coasters are a lot of fun. I rode Superman at Six Flags Great Adventure. Its probally one of the coolest roller coaster experiences. I think it will be a good addition to the park. I just hope its good because then they will have two awsome coaster(I think Kraken is awsome) and an awsome water ride.