Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2016

Feb 1, 2008
Sanford, FL
We got 2 months until Mardi Gras usually starts, and not a peep has been announced yet about dates/lineup. Anyone have artists that they would like to see appear/return?

I would love to see:
Wynonna
Cyndi Lauper
Heart
Collective Soul
Matchbox 20
Charlie Puth
Meghan Trainor

I think out of all those you listed, Charlie Puth is most likely. And I'd have to say a Pitbull appearance is fairly likely given his working relationship with Uni.

Dates:

Saturday, Feb 6: Hunter Hayes
Saturday, Feb 13: Diana Ross
Sunday, Feb 14: Barenaked Ladies
Saturday, Feb 20: Nate Russ
Saturday, Feb 27: Fall Out Boy
Saturday, Mar 5: Kool & The Gang
Friday, Mar 12: The Fray
Saturday, Mar 13: Adam Lambert
Saturday, Mar 19: Shawn Mendes
Sunday, Mar 20: 3 Doors Down
Saturday, Mar 26: REO Speedwagon
Saturday, Apr 2: T-Pain
Saturday, Apr 9: Jessie J
Saturday, Apr 16: Yandel

Last edited:
I am liking this line up quite a bit even though its a lot of acts I've seen before.
Will be going to see Fall Out Boy and 3 Doors Down.
Hopefully will get to see Barenaked Ladies, Fray, and T-Pain.
Possibly will go see Diana Ross, but I'm a little worried since Olivia Newton John was less than stellar and even managed to make the poor Restroom Sign Holder fall asleep.

Interesting... new floats for Mardi Gras. I didn't know about those previously.

You mean like new float chassis and such? Because every year they redo the floats for a new theme, but keep the same body's and such if the floats.

The jester and alligator and skull are year after year... not sure what you mean by "redo"?

The same floats are used, they just strip them down and re-theme them. Do you know if they'll be 100% replacing the floats instead of just stripping and reforming? I wonder how long the lifespan is.

The same floats are used, they just strip them down and re-theme them. Do you know if they'll be 100% replacing the floats instead of just stripping and reforming? I wonder how long the lifespan is.

No, I know nothing about Mardi Gras. In what way do they retheme the alligator float? Can you name the theme changes from year to year?

No, I know nothing about Mardi Gras. In what way do they retheme the alligator float? Can you name the theme changes from year to year?

They generally re-theme four (or five) floats, leaving the alligator, riverboat, King & Queen, and music floats more or less the same each year*. Except some years--last year comes to mind, also year Hogsmeade opened--they just reuse previous floats.

Past themes have included modes of transportation (steampunky boat, plane and train floats), the four seasons, four different countries (India, Mexico, China .. and I blank on the last), animals (a polar bear/arctic environment, a shark/ocean, some kind of jungle) ... there are usually a lot of creative touches, make the floats fun to study every year.

* There consistently used to be a crawfish/New Orleans kitchen float as well but it's been missing a few years now. RIP stilt-walking cake girls.

The Year I saw Miss Ross, she was flawless (younger friends I was with were like "Wait, I know this song... and that one too... and that one...). It was a long show, and it covered just about every hit she had solo and with the Supremes. However, after 12 costumes changes (ok, I might be exaggerating... a little)... there was no feather boas left alive in Orlando...

New Floats this year: four floats that celebrate different cultures and festivals from around the world—Venetian Carnival, Oktoberfest, 4th of July and Rio de Janeiro Carnival.

Yeah, Fall Out Boy is a big get. I'd see them if I could but not sure what type of crowd they get nowadays. I used to be a bigger fan 10 years ago.

Yeah, Fall Out Boy is a big get. I'd see them if I could but not sure what type of crowd they get nowadays. I used to be a bigger fan 10 years ago.
The funny thing is they went on a 5 year or so hiatus, came back and are almost bigger now than they were before then - Mostly because they sold out from being a Pop-Punk band to being simply a Pop act.

The funny thing is they went on a 5 year or so hiatus, came back and are almost bigger now than they were before then - Mostly because they sold out from being a Pop-Punk band to being simply a Pop act.

Exactly. They still have catchy stuff as they did then but yeah they're radio staples now. I'm happy for them.

I just looked up a recent setlist of theirs and I recognize the majority of the songs so looks like they'd put on a really fun show.