Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval

I added the question mark because it's very possible the event doesn't happen. Universal finally updated their website with a new disclaimer.

As much as I really wish we could have Mardi Gras back in full force... it's not looking promising.

Personally, I'm expecting Mardi Gras-lite in the form of food booths and a Mardi Gras Tribute Store. Maybe a Voodoo Bar to replace La Bamba's skeleton bar.

I know its not the same event nor am I trying to say it is, but I know a lot of peoples UOR vacations revolve around HHN, well, ours as a kid revolved around Mardi Gras. The parade, the decorations, music acts, FOOD, and drinks (Ive never been as a legal adult sadly but I guarantee my mum enjoyed them) so, Mardi Gras at Universal just FEELS like Universal to us. It'd make me so sad if the event didn't occur or wasn't celebrated in some capacity. I hope they're able to open the story and some food options, at the very least. Always a good time to be at Universal Imo during Mardi Gras

I know its not the same event nor am I trying to say it is, but I know a lot of peoples UOR vacations revolve around HHN, well, ours as a kid revolved around Mardi Gras. The parade, the decorations, music acts, FOOD, and drinks (Ive never been as a legal adult sadly but I guarantee my mum enjoyed them) so, Mardi Gras at Universal just FEELS like Universal to us. It'd make me so sad if the event didn't occur or wasn't celebrated in some capacity. I hope they're able to open the story and some food options, at the very least. Always a good time to be at Universal Imo during Mardi Gras
Same. As someone that really dislikes jump scares, HHN was never my cup for tea, but I loved Mardi Gras. Mardi is really my HHN, so I am going to be very sad to see it likely neutered this upcoming year.

This seems likely...I expect the same for Christmas
I've heard Christmas will be very similar to the way Superstar is set up now with shows. In fact, expect lots of mini Christmas shows throughout the park. I've also heard something about photo ops with floats and balloons, but we'll see if that rumor comes to fruition.

Sorry, back to topic

Based on what I heard today, we'll probably be getting *some* form of Mardi Gras. It seems like Superstar has taken over Mardi Gras operations now from Marquee Events (the seasonal division of entertainment that hires for HHN and stilts for Holiday). Marquee events is a division that used to run all seasonal events, but over the years, Superstar has begun to takeover as they now hold most roles in the Holiday parade and now will hold all roles for Mardi Gras it sounds like. This still will be an unusual year of Mardi Gras in all in all likelihood, though (although with the parks policies changing lately... who knows).

Based on what I heard today, we'll probably be getting *some* form of Mardi Gras. It seems like Superstar has taken over Mardi Gras operations now from Marquee Events (the seasonal division of entertainment that hires for HHN and stilts for Holiday). Marquee events is a division that used to run all seasonal events, but over the years, Superstar has begun to takeover as they now hold most roles in the Holiday parade and now will hold all roles for Mardi Gras it sounds like. This still will be an unusual year of Mardi Gras in all in all likelihood, though (although with the parks policies changing lately... who knows).
Your sources are wise.

They're going to need a ton of social distancing stickers for people to ignore

Any updates yet? We usually hear something by now.

Just for future reference, since Mardi Gras is usually recycled concepts of past years with small minimal new experiences, what is the budgeting look like per year? And has this year's "Mardi Gras" budget all ready been set aside and payed for?

Any updates yet? We usually hear something by now.

Just for future reference, since Mardi Gras is usually recycled concepts of past years with small minimal new experiences, what is the budgeting look like per year? And has this year's "Mardi Gras" budget all ready been set aside and payed for?

Nothing yet, I'm expecting news sometime soon on dates with details closer to the event.