Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Margaritaville Resort & Island H20 Live Water Park

I'm not going to say that's 100% ideal, but I think one of my biggest pet peeves are these photos of "overcrowding" where the perspective is obviously skewed. The worst offender here are beach pics that are shot at ground level parallel to the coastline instead of perpendicular to the coast or at high altitude. You can literally see for miles on just about every Florida beach - for reference, the point of rocks to the left of the public beach parking at Siesta Key looks like it's right there but is actually over a mile and a half away.

Those lines on the blacktop are parallel parking spots and measure 22 feet apart throughout the complex on Google Maps. If people lined up neatly across the sidewalk as a party, you could fit about three parties per parking spot. In terms of egregious social distancing violations, I'm not going to shame people for standing next to their family and getting photographed at a 65-70 degree angle that kills any gaps that exist down the line.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say that's 100% ideal, but I think one of my biggest pet peeves are these photos of "overcrowding" where the perspective is obviously skewed. The worst offender here are beach pics that are shot at ground level parallel to the coastline instead of perpendicular to the coast or at high altitude. You can literally see for miles on just about every Florida beach - for reference, the point of rocks to the left of the public beach parking at Siesta Key looks like it's right there but is actually over a mile and a half away.

Those lines on the blacktop are parallel parking spots and measure 22 feet apart throughout the complex on Google Maps. If people lined up neatly across the sidewalk as a party, you could fit about three parties per parking spot. In terms of egregious social distancing violations, I'm not going to shame people for standing next to their family and getting photographed at a 65-70 degree angle that kills any gaps that exist down the line.
I mean, we seem to keep playing the "it's only perspective" card on here constantly, but there were also plenty of videos and additional pictures proving otherwise for the CityWalk/Disney Springs arguments. I would be shocked if this were any different. Other pictures from today seem to paint the same picture:

To get right down to your beach example, I drove over to New Smyrna Beach last night briefly and the streets, shops, and restaurants were literally lined with people and I didn't see a single mask in my two hours there. I'd love to believe the pictures are deceiving, but people simply don't seem to care unfortunately.

My point was that we should save the shaming for the second photo you just posted.

Should they wear masks while waiting in the line to get in? Yes.
Am I bothered by the distancing in the first example? No.
Am I bothered by the distancing in the second example? Yeah.

Social distancing was in short supply on their slide towers today. We didn’t go in the park so I can’t say what efforts the park was making or not making to get people to social distance inside.

Social distancing was in short supply on their slide towers today. We didn’t go in the park so I can’t say what efforts the park was making or not making to get people to social distance inside.
Social distancing in waterparks is really weird already and I don't know how you solve it.

There's two rules for social distancing right now: wear a mask and stay 6 feet away. Except, waterparks have a lot of situations where you just can't wear a mask, nor are you expected to. It's already a lot to mentally (and logistically) handle all of the mask removing / putting back on, so people just don't do it. Once you've stopped thinking about one rule, it's natural to stop thinking about the other.

I think they can easily implement it on slide towers. Just put makers every 6 feet and have a staff person checking the towers throughout the day. Their biggest challenges is the lazy river and wave pool.

My point was that we should save the shaming for the second photo you just posted.

Should they wear masks while waiting in the line to get in? Yes.
Am I bothered by the distancing in the first example? No.
Am I bothered by the distancing in the second example? Yeah.

I understand. And I'm not even fully saying "shame the guests". I just don't believe we're going to magically see guests follow rules as the parks begin opening back up for any plausible reason unfortunately.

From experience, that seems to be a standard sized line for that slide during the summer. Definitely a bump in attendance from March but not much more than last May. Most people in that queue seem to be on the side for Green slide as well, definitely still a bad time but I can only imagine how much worse it would be if the Orange slide was anywhere near as popular.

That queue specifically has one more level of stairs before ground level that is not being used in that picture (I've literally never seen the line get that long). H2O on Twitter says they have signs/markers throughout the park already, but either mindsets need to change or markers need to be more specific/direct. Groups need to start using the entire tower instead of rushing up directly behind the group infront of them. Just my two cents.

They could also look at keeping more of the line on the ground and then slowly release guest up the tower. That would allow them to monitor the social distancing more easily. They have the space at all the slide towers to do this, if they wanted.

This is a good example of what people read on social media, especially opinions expressed on twitter, are not representative of what the general public is going to do in regard to just about anything....and in this specific case ,distancing and masks related to covid. Right or wrong, that's reality.

neat seeing some stuff on when they opened here. So they've been open a month or did they reclose? Anyone hear of any instances here?

I really ask for early on I recall hearing how easily the virus itself is killed, some things made it sound like sunlight is deadly to the virus itself so I am sort of wondering if outside in the sun might not be so bad? (not that I am ready to be around people w/o mask/distancing) Just things that 'seem' to have worked in other counties, but I am not sure what any knows these days ;-)

I've heard that Margaritaville has a good waterpark that my daughter should enjoy (sometime in the future)