Marvel’s Avengers (Video Game) | Inside Universal Forums

Marvel’s Avengers (Video Game)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It was just announced in partnership that Marvel Entertainment would be combining their efforts with Square Enix (creators of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, E.T.C.) to create a video game universe with multiple titles in the pipeline, all starting with a brand new Avengers Title, aptly titled as of right now; "The Avengers Project".

No information has been given, besides that the new project will involve the talents of not only Square Enix, but Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider) and Edios Montreal (Deus Ex) with the first title being based off the superhero team of "The Avengers".

What do you think of Square Enix joining forces in a shared Marvel Gameverse? Are you interested to see what possibly comes out of it? I would love to hear down below.

We’re gonna get our first look at Kate Bishop in a major way outside of the comics (before the Hawkeye series on D+) in an upcoming DLC release:

I hope the DLC is good..but I have a big fear this game is just going to die.

Cyberpunk is going to suck up all the air around the time this DLC is out...so while we have seen leaks for YEARS of characters that could come to the game I think next year could be its last.
My guess is they will give us Spiderman, Hawkeye and Black Panter and after that just let the game die and work on a "sequel" that reboots the game

I hope the DLC is good..but I have a big fear this game is just going to die.

Cyberpunk is going to suck up all the air around the time this DLC is out...so while we have seen leaks for YEARS of characters that could come to the game I think next year could be its last.
My guess is they will give us Spiderman, Hawkeye and Black Panter and after that just let the game die and work on a "sequel" that reboots the game
No Spider-Man. Sony has him exclusively (unless they choose to share obviously) for films and video games.

No Spider-Man. Sony has him exclusively (unless they choose to share obviously) for films and video games.
Suprised you didn't hear about this deal...it made lots of fans upset when it was announced Spiderman is only coming to PS4/PS5
81DnTJi9xnL._AC_SL1500_-1.jpg

Reactions: Nick
Suprised you didn't hear about this deal...it made lots of fans upset when it was announced Spiderman is only coming to PS4/PS5
81DnTJi9xnL._AC_SL1500_-1.jpg
Admittedly I haven't kept up with a ton of the news surrounding the game. I'm extremely surprised to see a multi-platformer do something like this, though. Continues to prove why my choice to buy a PS5 first is a solid one though (before I eventually get the the Series X) as Playstation is worth it for their first party content alone. Gamepass and the power of the console/quick resume feature are some reasons for me to get the Series X eventually, but it won't be right away.

I normally play PS for their first party games and Xbox for multi-platformers as I typically like the Xbox controller better, however i've yet to get my hands on either controller for next gen consoles (although the Series X controller seems almost identical to a Xbox One controller). I've heard the PS5 controller feels a bit more "next gen" in the things it can do.

Last edited:
Admittedly I haven't kept up with a ton of the news surrounding the game. I'm extremely surprised to see a multi-platformer do something like this, though. Continues to prove why my choice to buy a PS5 first is a solid one though (before I eventually get the the Series X) as Playstation is worth it for their first party content alone. Gamepass and the power of the console/quick resume feature are some reasons for me to get the Series X eventually, but it won't be right away.

I normally play PS for their first party games and Xbox for multi-platformers as I typically like the Xbox controller better, however i've yet to get my hands on either controller for next gen consoles (although the Series X controller seems almost identical to a Xbox One controller). I've heard the PS5 controller feels a bit more "next gen" in the things it can do.
Yeah, sadly this game just wasn't ready to come out and has lead to on steam losing over 90% of the player base. I think they are going to have to soft reboot it with a few new characters added at once plus a 6+ hour new story to get people to come back. These piece meals DLC would have worked if
1) they came out a month after launch like planned
2) the game didn't have so many big issues at launch
3) lose so many players already

Yeah, sadly this game just wasn't ready to come out and has lead to on steam losing over 90% of the player base. I think they are going to have to soft reboot it with a few new characters added at once plus a 6+ hour new story to get people to come back. These piece meals DLC would have worked if
1) they came out a month after launch like planned
2) the game didn't have so many big issues at launch
3) lose so many players already
I really think the biggest mistake they made was releasing it in September. They knew that new consoles were coming out in November, why not just take some extra time, get everything right and release it just in time for the Holidays? I get there's a new CoD that they'd have to compete with as far as online player base, but it's better to get a game like this right than to screw it up.

That said, Battlefront 2 was absolutely BOTCHED at launch and lost a ton of it's players shortly after and somehow that game managed to grow a cult-like following through DLC packages and it ended up lasting EA 2 years. So it's not impossible for Square Enix to come back from this.

I'd argue though it's hit harder than when Battlefront 2 got the losses initially.

Could they recover? Perhaps. It wouldn't be the first time SE did that (see FFXIV 1.0 to FFXIV 2.0 for that), but the mountain they're climbing is going to be incredibly steep. Taller than Battlefront 2, albeit due to the nature of the IP.

Reactions: Grabnar
So I’m a bit into the campaign for this game and so far, the game play is a bit repetitive and it is both very linear or very choose-your-own way, which I think works to the games detriment. I would've preferred a game that has a campaign that is more cohesive. Normally when a game has you play as a bunch of different characters, the outcome is either really good or it just falls apart trying to be something larger than it needed to be. Now with an Avengers game, you do want to play as all characters obviously, but I feel like you change characters too often and it's not as seamless as I feel it could be. The game does seem to glitch a decent amount though and tbh, i'm on the hardest difficulty and am not finding it all that challenging so far.

Playing as the Hulk in this game is fun as all hell, though. I imagine he’s probably probably extremely fun to play with in multiplayer. Oh yeah, and Tony Stark both looks and sounds like Paul Rudd's Ant-Man in this game. It's a very weird thing to get over at first.