Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Microsoft Buys Bethesda Software

May 3, 2015
UK
BREAKING: Microsoft to buy Zenimax/Bethesda, an industry-shaking acquisition that will give Xbox ownership of Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, and more. $7.5 Billion

ImmediatePoisedAiredaleterrier-small.gif

Taking the Disney strategy, I see.

If you can’t create enticing enough products with your home grown IPs, just buy the successful ones! :lol:

You mean the same as how Sony did it by buying up studios and making them 1st party.
Yeah, but the difference is Sony has a reputation of turning out extremely high quality product with the studios they have. This isn't the first purchase by Microsoft by any means and they have an extremely spotty record, if not a poor record of first party quality game output.

Yeah, but the difference is Sony has a reputation of turning out extremely high quality product with the studios they have. This isn't the first purchase by Microsoft by any means and they have an extremely spotty record, if not a poor record of first party quality game output.
Microsoft has never but never put out a game on the level of Spider-Man.

I love Fallout, but we've had some serious diminishing returns on that front. Can't say I'll be heartbroken if I can't play the next one. No way will I buy an Xbox

The 360 issues really burned me. After I got hit with the 3rd red ring, I traded in the 4th Xbox to finally switch to the PS3 and never looked back.

Sony has never put out a game on the level of Gears of War.

This is fun!

God, I loved Gears. Many a late night with the Torque Bow.

The 360 issues really burned me. After I got hit with the 3rd red ring, I traded in the 4th Xbox to finally switch to the PS3 and never looked back.

until Microsoft proves to me they can give me games I want to play, I’m just not going back.
I feel like someone needs to bring the xCloud/PC table into here.

It doesn't exactly have to be an XBOX console for people to play.
I don’t have thousands of dollars to blow on a PC rig

until Microsoft proves to me they can give me games I want to play, I’m just not going back.

I don’t have thousands of dollars to blow on a PC rig
xCloud allows streaming play to PC/mobile devices like the Stadia. You can play Gears on an Android now.

I love Fallout, but we've had some serious diminishing returns on that front. Can't say I'll be heartbroken if I can't play the next one. No way will I buy an Xbox
Microsoft fortunately is also focusing on PCs to give you another option.

I'm a big Fallout fan and the second I heard about the deal I pulled out my tinfoil hat...

Microsoft bought Obsidian. Obsidian made the fantastic Fallout New Vegas. They now own that IP. I really hope Microsoft tries to reinvigorate the franchise by letting them do another run within it.

Microsoft fortunately is also focusing on PCs to give you another option.

I'm a big Fallout fan and the second I heard about the deal I pulled out my tinfoil hat...

Microsoft bought Obsidian. Obsidian made the fantastic Fallout New Vegas. They now own that IP. I really hope Microsoft tries to reinvigorate the franchise by letting them do another run within it.
Meh. After the OUTER WORLDS I'm not much interested in another Obsidian Fallout either, TBH

As a PS fan, this sucks that I'm going to miss out on Elder Scrolls..

Honeslty, I don't see Microsoft doing the traditional "acquire and exclusive" model here. I mean Minecraft is still everywhere. This seems like a "we're making the ultimate gaming streaming service. I mean you COULD buy a PS5 and ES or you could finance a XBSX for $30 a month with gamepass..."

I wonder if Microsoft will mandate better quality control. That would be a huge win from this if Bethesda’s games no longer feature their infamous bugs.