Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

Demolition and a value engineered Moana splash pad will probably happen as they are pretty cheap. Poppins and the Play Pavilion, are most likely dead though. The Events Center may be postponed because 1. It will be expensive. And 2. I think it will get a 3rd redesign to cut costs.
My only argument for Play is that it is a dressed up meet and greet, therefore it generates revenue through sold pictures

Yeah I think Moana and Play are safe.

Moana was already a glorified splash pad, no? Scaling it down any more would just be making it a path with trees? Theres no way that building’s in great shape right now, and being able to promote a path and some fountains as a Princess Attraction seems like a no brainer.

And with Play being some interactive tech-y booths, I’d imagine the hard part is close to done. Might as well wrap up the software. The pavilion itself should be fairly simple, just a lot of screens. And M&Gs. M&Gs are almost always safe lol.

Not to mention, both projects are geared toward families with small children, which is important to this park rebranding.

I thought I remember back when the tariffs were being imposed that someone mentioned the steel was already paid for? That’s why the tariffs imposed weren’t going to affect the prices. Somebody correct me if I misremember what was stated. I’m sure it will get some kind of redesign or cuts but I could still see it happening.

Edit: just realized it’s the Moana Water Journey thread

Last edited:
I could see both projects being scaled down/altered, but I think they'll arrive in some form.
I’d rather they not do them then scale them back.

Trees/winding path instead of Moana would be fine. But a scaled down Play is going to just look pathetic. It was already a low bar.

I’d rather they not do them then scale them back.

Trees/winding path instead of Moana would be fine. But a scaled down Play is going to just look pathetic. It was already a low bar.

The Moana path you mentioned would be fine along with a nice water feature. Of course, Imagineering would find a way to make it cost $45 million. Still, a tree lined path and some waterfalls are always nice to have. I love the rides but it is nice to have a natural feeling area to either sit down and relax or just to stroll through.

I really can't visualize how this is going to come together...In the concept art it feels secluded and surrounded by trees

Ironically, it looked like AK :look:
The center area of Epcot is meant to have more of a “nature” type vibe. I actually imagine this Moana thing will fit in fine with how the rest will look.

My problem with the whole redo of this area of the park is that they left the other half of Communicore standing.

I just think they spent so much gutting and renovating Mouse Gears and Electric Umbrella that it not only would’ve been made the area look better, but would’ve possibly saved them money and allowed them flexibility to redesign where their marquee store and quick service restaurant are positioned.

The center area of Epcot is meant to have more of a “nature” type vibe. I actually imagine this Moana thing will fit in fine with how the rest will look.

My problem with the whole redo of this area of the park is that they left the other half of Communicore standing.

I just think they spent so much gutting and renovating Mouse Gears and Electric Umbrella that it not only would’ve been made the area look better, but would’ve possibly saved them money and allowed them flexibility to redesign where their marquee store and quick service restaurant are positioned.
Yeah, I don't understand why they didn't flatten all of it and reconfigure the store locations

I get that would be more demolishing, but they could have reconsidered crowd flow

At this point, everything I've seen concept wise has had an "almost correct" type feel to it