Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

They only place left for them to do anything new is the club space though, right? I could easily see it happening, but at the same time they rent out that area frequently for private events.

The rest of CityWalk has been pretty much completely redone or is a space that is popular.

I could see the fast food spots changing. It just depends on how they'd want to change it.

But yeah, outside of a few things, I can't see much happening left for Citywalk, and that development after 2020 goes more for Development south of the property, and that it'd include a new complex similar to Citywalk as it stands now.

They only place left for them to do anything new is the club space though, right? I could easily see it happening, but at the same time they rent out that area frequently for private events.

The rest of CityWalk has been pretty much completely redone or is a space that is popular.
I thought the talk was that the shops were going to get overhauled next.

The fast food restuarants near Breadbox and Menchies could be upgraded into a cooler area but I'm not sure if there's actually enough space up there to make it work or to absorb larger crowds. But BK, Panda Express, and Moes are definitely meh in light of all the other options around Citywalk.
They might not be as flashy as the other venues in Citywalk, but they're always busy and I think they fit a nice quick serve niche that Citywalk needs more of.
They're not the most exciting thing in the world, but they serve a purpose and they serve it well. They could probably even use a couple more quick service venues like that. It doesn't have to be something as pedestrian as Burger King, there are lots of novel fast casual concepts out there. Like one of those grilled cheese places could be cool, like Tom + Chee or Toasted, just as an example.

They might not be as flashy as the other venues in Citywalk, but they're always busy and I think they fit a nice quick serve niche that Citywalk needs more of.

Here's hoping they open up a Voodoo Doughnuts on our coast soon.
They are great pre-HHN dinner stops..And I second the Voodoo Doughnut want haha

I wouldn't miss the movie theater.
As has been discussed in the past, the CityWalk and Disney Springs AMC theaters are two of the best performing in the chain, right next to their west coast counter parts at Disney and Universal.

They movie theaters aren't going anywhere at the theme park resorts anytime soon.

As has been discussed in the past, the CityWalk and Disney Springs AMC theaters are two of the best performing in the chain, right next to their west coast counter parts at Disney and Universal.

They movie theaters aren't going anywhere at the theme park resorts anytime soon.

I said this once, I'll say it again; they really need to do a "Universal Cinema" style renovation.

But it always has people in it from what I saw.

And where else would we see that giant creepy shrimp character?

Panda and Moe's pretty much exist to feed TMs and guests who want a quick bite. If you don't wear an obvious costume and have a decent lunch period you walk from the parks to there depending on where you work (Pam's Sammies behind the park serves a similar purpose.)

Not everything is 100% guest-guest-guest in these sorts of mixed use areas. All the people who work in the glorified mall need a place to eat too.

It's why Blaze at Disney Springs has a backstage pickup window and Earl of Sandwich prioritizes CM orders over other guests.

Used to be me go-to Theater, but since they're the only one around that doesn't do reserved seating (even in he LieMax theater) Ive switched venues.

Survey sent out which might point to new things coming here or new park. Not sure if it was confidential or not.