Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ms. Marvel (Disney+)

Dam....looks just like her

Love it...I'm really hoping this show can be as good as the comics

Sad but makes sense. We got 4 films, 4 tv shows and one animated show. Along with DCA getting the first Marvel land, 2021 has been a packed year for Marvel fans.

Sad but makes sense. We got 4 films, 4 tv shows and one animated show. Along with DCA getting the first Marvel land, 2021 has been a packed year for Marvel fans.
We're also set for slightly more next year - 4 shows, 4 movies, an animated show and a Special. Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Secret Invasion + What If? S2 & GotG Holiday Special on Disney+ and then Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4, Black Panther 2, and The Marvels on the film side.

Ms. Marvel will apparently have a completely different set of powers in the Disney Plus series compared to the comic books as promo art confirms rumors.

The art, seen below, features Ms. Marvel with a purple energy-based fist (the official logo above also features the purple), instead of the large stretchy fist from the comic books.

A previous rumor offered her powers would be similar to that of DC's Green Lantern - energy-based - instead of the character's embiggen powers or stretchy powers.

While in the comics Kamala Khan is an Inhuman, which is where she derives her powers from, it's further rumored the Disney Plus series changes her origin as Ms. Marvel will get her powers from a magic bracelet or bracelets that is apparently a family heirloom, and that Kamala Khan will not be an Inhuman.

If this is true, surely a big risk in changing the powers of a character people really love. Although from a CGI/realism pov I can see why they'd do that, it feels like all "The Marvels" will have similar powers now

If this is true, surely a big risk in changing the powers of a character people really love. Although from a CGI/realism pov I can see why they'd do that, it feels like all "The Marvels" will have similar powers now
9/10 Times when they do this people hate it

I really hope its not true....she was made with those powers with a purpose. Not a random power just given to her because its cool

Disney confirmed this will be the next Marvel show after Moon Knight, with a premiere at Disney’s El Capitan Theater on Thursday, June 2nd. It could be a Wednesday show and debut on June 8th. However…

To me, it makes more sense to have Ms. Marvel run on Thursday’s (or any day that isn’t Wednesday or Friday) as Obi-Wan will be running alongside Ms. Marvel, which will be the first time this has happened with two high profile shows going at once.

Dropping both of them on the same day I just think would be a mistake.

Given the rumors about a (moderately) troubled production, it wouldn't totally surprise me if Disney's running it alongside OBI-WAN to give it some cover.

Given the rumors about a (moderately) troubled production, it wouldn't totally surprise me if Disney's running it alongside OBI-WAN to give it some cover.
I think part of it was also that The Marvels/Captain Marvel 2 got pushed over and over again before landing in February 2023. I think Ms. Marvel and Secret Invasion are meant to play into that movie, so a June release for Ms. Marvel and then November or January release of Secret Invasion before The Marvels seems about right where they should be, production issues or not.

I do think having Obi-Wan running at the same time will help in a certain way in appealing to a more Male-centric audience that may find trouble getting hyped for Ms. Marvel, whose backstory (simplistic backstory) is that she loves the avengers and wants to be one basically. Sort of like Kate Bishop. All Young Avengers have sort of stupid origins in a way.

Wait there are rumored issues?

How....the first story the character is in is normally so good...how did they screw this up?

Wait there are rumored issues?

How....the first story the character is in is normally so good...how did they screw this up?
I've never heard of issues, but I think a lot of people assume it given how many times the release of this show has been pushed back. Remember, this was originally slated to be the first Disney+ MCU show for fall 2020.

I've never heard of issues, but I think a lot of people assume it given how many times the release of this show has been pushed back. Remember, this was originally slated to be the first Disney+ MCU show for fall 2020.
I thought it got pushed back because of the Movie its linked to and because of CGI issues

It’s first pushback was from late 2020 into late 2021. Then it never got released last year and we’re told 2022. June 2022 is the most specific release date they’ve given so fa, however.

Can I be honest? Thank goodness they changed her powers. The way she is portrayed in the MCU-inspired PS4 Avengers game is just weird and gross. The "giant hands" power works with cartoony comic book stylism just fine, but in full MCU realism it just looks uncomfortable and weird. Body horror is not the power you give to your brand new fun hero you want everyone to adore, no matter how comic accurate it turns out. I trust Marvel Studios' take on this one.

Can I be honest? Thank goodness they changed her powers. The way she is portrayed in the MCU-inspired PS4 Avengers game is just weird and gross. The "giant hands" power works with cartoony comic book stylism just fine, but in full MCU realism it just looks uncomfortable and weird. Body horror is not the power you give to your brand new fun hero you want everyone to adore, no matter how comic accurate it turns out. I trust Marvel Studios' take on this one.
I agree. I played that game a lot and it was freakin' odd. But also, why would she be fully powered up for her Origin story anyway? At the earliest, i'd expect it to at least take after The Marvels before she upgrades her levels up in her skillset.

Ms. Marvel premieres June 8th - first time a Marvel and Star Wars show will air simultaneously. Also gives me more faith we will see Secret Invasion by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Disney confirmed this will be the next Marvel show after Moon Knight, with a premiere at Disney’s El Capitan Theater on Thursday, June 2nd. It could be a Wednesday show and debut on June 8th.
Ding Ding Ding! I mentioned that June 8th sounded realistic due to when the El Capitan Premiere is on Thursday, June 2nd.

I still think it's kinda an odd decision to release both on the same day. That doesn't mean I don't think they can't run side-by-side, but they could've had one show on Wednesday's and one on Thursday's (or literally any day of the week Sunday, Monday, Tues, Thurs, doesn't matter) with the library titles dropping Friday's.

Doing this would allow both Obi-Wan and Ms. Marvel to equally shine on their own days without both releasing at the same time. It would also help get audiences used to coming to Disney+ on days that aren't a Wednesday or Friday.

I hope its good

Like this is why I hate reading the "book" before because now if this story falls fatter then her first comic arc....I'll just be frustrated, lol