Mufasa: The Lion King | Inside Universal Forums

Mufasa: The Lion King

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My dream come true! Lion King 1.5 live-action remake! Obviously this won't be that but I do recommend it if you haven't seen it.

tumblr_o5v7ooZ3DF1toqng2o9_r1_500.gifv

It's a shame they aren't adopting Simba's pride. The story was interesting, the music was interesting (but the arrangements were terrible). Rearrange and rerecord those songs and they might have something.

I read they were going to go into Mufasa's backstory, which I think is just a complete mistake. The "Prequel curse" where movies/stories go back to explain characters and their motivations typically don't fare well. The Lion King is Simba's story.

Disney really needs a good spanking. This film looks terrible. The backdrops/environments look gorgeous, but that’s the only good thing I have to say. No one wants a film about Mufasa… and even worse, it’s a musical. Can’t believe Lin-Manuel Miranda agreed to write the songs for this, but passed on Moana 2. Don’t know why Barry Jenkins signed on to direct, poor guy. I don’t normally root for a film to fail, but I’m doing so here. Disney really needs to learn their lesson.

This actually looks way better than I expected? Especially considering I was not a fan of the first "live action remake." But I may actually enjoy this one more since it won't be essentially a word-for-word redo and I won't be comparing it to the original the entire time.

Reactions: imagin78
I mean… I need to see another trailer but that one did its job. I went from having absolutely no interest to being intrigued. I don’t think this is the type of film that will ever get me to the theater of course, but it also doesn’t look bad.

I like that they are exploring the relationship between Scar and Mufasa. That said, still not going to see this. Very interesting that they are hiding the songs by Lin-Mann. Makes me think they must be atrocious.

I like that they are exploring the relationship between Scar and Mufasa. That said, still not going to see this. Very interesting that they are hiding the songs by Lin-Mann. Makes me think they must be atrocious.
The bit of the song in the trailer did indeed sound like trash and I generally like LMM.

Sounds like if the cast of Moana sang a Lion King song. It should not sound like that and is a good part of what actually makes it a bad song.
My main problem is it's not very information dense for a musical number. This song is supposed to form the foundation of our understanding of Mufasa and Scar's relationship and all we really learn is that they always wanted to be brothers.