Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Christmas Celebrations at Universal?

Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
So there is talk of a new Holiday Celebration coming in 2016, so that got me thinking. Here is what I would do. This would be a full on up charge event in USF on par with HHN or MVMCP

HOLIDAY NIGHTS AT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

The Holidays in New York:

The evening starts with Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. As the last float passes each building it illuminates in thousands of lights. Holiday music and snow fill the air.

The full on "New Years Eve Party" starts at 10pm. DJ/Dance Party, Disco Lights, and random confetti canons. The Ball drops at midnight. ($12 for 4 oz. of cheap "champagne" in a plastic Souvineer Champagne Flute).

A Hollywood Holiday:

Hollywood does the same thing as NYC as the parade ends with the lights, music, and snow. Along the street are carolers, hot chocolate, and "Stars dressed in their Christmas best" walk around characters.

Hollywood's New Years Eve Party would be centered on the stage near Mel's. Hosted by a fake Ryan Seacrest type featuring stars like Doc Brown, Stuart, Dave and Kevin, Bumblebee, Shrek, and Bart (live performance of The Bartman). Big countdown screens beside the stage show the ball dropping in "New York City". This is the more family friendly "New Years Eve Party".

Christmas in The Wizarding World:

Cool decorations (lots of LED candles), Holiday shows (Who wouldn't love to see Celestina do some Christmas carols? The Frog Choir would be there too). Warm Butterbeer and mulled wine, and Christmas Pudding......and snow. A New Years Show on the stage in Carkitt Market with magical fireworks at midnight projected onto the glass roof.

Christmas in Springfield:

Duff's Holiday Hefeweizen. Lard Lad's pumpkin everything. Santa and helper eleves (Homer, Bart and Lisa) M&G.

Who-ville:

Who-ville is in front of the FFL theater where Grinchmas will move too. Who carolers and walk arounds, Grinch and Cindy Loo M&G, and a big Seuss Christmas Tree.

The North Pole:

Where the construction wall is at the entrance of KidZone is, is The North Pole. This is where the official Santa M&G is, a cookie decorating station and a Christmas Card craft table (more about this later). A couple of merch Karts. And....The Ice Bar kiosk (ice shot glasses filled with Vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, or Cinnamon Schnapps).

MiB: Christmas Day

This is the only ride overlay. Heavily decorate the "city" like it's Christmas. Minor adjustments to the ride audio and preshow film. Done.

Holiday Spectacular:

An all new lagoon show using Christmas Cards drawn that day by kids in the park at The North Pole Christmas Card craft table. And other original images, animations, etc. (not one IP). Just music, fountains, lights, and pyro.

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets a Holiday section. All sections of the park have carolers or live music, and walk around characters. Specialty food through out the park.

OK that's just me spit ballin'. Would you guys pay $45.99 Sun, Wed, Thurs, $59.99 Fri, Sat for this?

Last edited:
I'm all for Holiday offerings, but I hate the idea of holding the offerings hostage under a paywall like MK does.

I would say maybe once we have a third park this is more of a possibility, but coming off of HHN, where the guests have little time to actually experience full days of the park, I don't think it's a good idea right now.

Also, if you were going to do this, why does Grinchmas have to move from the SS? Just enter the SS from USF.

I say keep everything how it currently is, but add either of the following-

-A christmas lights(and or)projection mapping show in New York section of the park. Singapore has a projection show. Imagine singapore's but on a MASSIVE scale all around the NY section!

-OR import the USJ christmas show, it's fantastic. I dont know if it would be possible to do a light show along with this show though.

I say keep everything how it currently is, but add either of the following-

-A christmas lights(and or)projection mapping show in New York section of the park. Singapore has a projection show. Imagine singapore's but on a MASSIVE scale all around the NY section!

-OR import the USJ christmas show, it's fantastic. I dont know if it would be possible to do a light show along with this show though.

I was thinking they could use projection mapping to turn all of NYC into Times Square for the NYE portion of the evening. At 10 o'clock the Christmas lights go off and the Times Square projections start.

Last edited:
Interesting article. That is all I can say and stay within the rules. Slightly disappointed in some parts, but we will see.

On a side note I was just talking to my husband about holidays at the park and we both said the same thing about Universal, did that, don't need to do it again.

It's a little weird that we can talk about every rumor out there. Even go into detail and ride specs, but we can't talk about things that every other Theme park forum is talking about and reporting on because it may or may not have been on a survey. I mean, the info is leaked. It's all over facebook. I just don't get it.

It's a little weird that we can talk about every rumor out there. Even go into detail and ride specs, but we can't talk about things that every other Theme park forum is talking about and reporting on because it may or may not have been on a survey. I mean, the info is leaked. It's all over facebook. I just don't get it.

A rumor is tied to an unconfirmed source. Could be true or false and no way to vouch for it.

This is connected to a physical piece of information that very clearly marks "HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL". We've been contacted before about posting surveys, I'd rather not deal with that again.

A rumor is tied to an unconfirmed source. Could be true or false and no way to vouch for it.

This is connected to a physical piece of information that very clearly marks "HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL". We've been contacted before about posting surveys, I'd rather not deal with that again.
Were you talking about the Yule Ball thing that is now floating all around the internet? It was trending on my facebook feed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian doesn't want to get more emails from Universal. If you have an issue PM him. If someone else posts a link here they will be banned.

I don't understand why OU doesn't ban me for me for my posts because they are dead accurate most of the time. Perhaps it because I rarely blow UC's surprises. On the other hand, VB had to be my most upsetting reveal. I just don't understand what sets them off. Perhaps it is the fact that I never post 100% of what I know; that 10% works just fine and is satisfying. God forbid I should dump the other 90%. ;)

I don't understand why OU doesn't ban me for me for my posts because they are dead accurate most of the time. Perhaps it because I rarely blow UC's surprises. On the other hand, VB had to be my most upsetting reveal. I just don't understand what sets them off. Perhaps it is the fact that I never post 100% of what I know; that 10% works just fine and is satisfying. God forbid I should dump the other 90%. ;)
Probably because you're like a strip tease artist. You only reveal a little of your information at a time. And sometimes it's so cryptic only a couple of people catch it......Then again, maybe you're really a UC Vice President planting info to assist Universal Marketing.......But leave me correct the first part of your post...."because they are dead accurate most of the time" corrected to "they are dead accurate 'all' of the time".:)

To quote BriMan seven posts above you