Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Disneyland PeopleMover?

Nov 6, 2015
Found this on Twitter, haven't seen any rumors or anything so I don't know if there's any truth to this but it seems like it would make for a good discussion.

I'm 100% certain that that guy is a front-line CM that everyone takes seriously because he is on Twitter. I'm about 95% positive he's a College Program kid, which makes it even worse.

"Peoplemover is coming back" that's a good joke! Most likely they are thinking two things:
1) How do we demolish this
2)How do we turn it into a shop/restaurant.

Peoplemover coming back is the DL rumor equivalent to the Imagination redo rumors at WDW.

These rumors always pop-up, but I won't believe them until it happens.

OSHA has far too many regulation to allow it to return. Not to mention they would probably not want to spend the money on it, which is a shame. If they brought it back the way it was, I think it would be a really big hit. Not to mention that it would tremendously help with capacity.

OSHA has far too many regulation to allow it to return. Not to mention they would probably not want to spend the money on it, which is a shame. If they brought it back the way it was, I think it would be a really big hit. Not to mention that it would tremendously help with capacity.
Are you thinking CalOSHA? How different is the Peoplemover in DL from TTA in MK?

California regulations are much more stringent than anywhere else, but they could bring the People Mover back and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They NEED more capacity, the structure for the track is still there (though it was modified for Rocket Rods), and that's the kind of thing that they would do at DL since they now have more autonomy.

The could be taking a head start planning the long overdue tomorrowland refurb? Once Star Wars finishes, I can see the attention go there
I don't know about that. After Star Wars they'll be doing the Marvel area over at California Adventure. I would doubt they'd do major expansions at DCA & Disneyland simultaneously.